NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on economic developments in the United States, as of October 31, 2003. Increase in real gross domestic product in the third quarter; Decline in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in employee compensation costs in the third quarter; Volume of help wanted...
- Munis Lose Lustre as Treasuries Dip; $98M of Illinois Health Revs Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of November 2003. Assessment of the third quarter gross domestic product; Impact of geopolitical factors on bond yields; Bond maturity. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 24.
- Municipals Unchanged in Light Trading As 'The List' Mesmerizes Participants. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p2
Focuses on the performance of the bond market in the United States. Attention given to an issued bid list; Rise of the gross domestic product; Increase in the number of initial jobless claims.
- Indexes Dive After FOMC's Word of Economic Slowdown. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p40
Reports the decline of the Bond Buyer indexes in the United States. Acknowledgement of a weakening market by the Federal Open Market Committee; Revision of the growth of the gross domestic product; Increase in the number of building permits.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p2
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Growth in the rate of gross domestic product; Auction plans of the Treasury Department; Debt issuance of Moody's Investors Service.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Percentage increase of gross domestic products; Selection of Ben S, Bernanke and Donald L. Kohn as directors of the Federal Reserve Board Decrease of the Purchasing Manager's Index of Chicago.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Barnett, Chip; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p2
Reports developments related to bond market in the United States as of 2001. Release of the preliminary second-quarter gross domestic product report; Decrease in the sales rate of home market; Announcement on the sale of discount bills from the Treasury Departments.
- Muni Prices Stable in Light Trading As Treasuries React to GDP Figures. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of December 2001. Prices of municipal bonds; Increase in the number of bond issues; Reduction in gross domestic product.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p2
Presents news-briefs related to the U.S. public finance market as of November, 2002. Rise in the third-quarter gross domestic product of the year; Increase in applications for unemployment benefits in Washington D.C.; Economic condition of the New York City; Volume of help-wanted advertisements...