Battle Over Texas Budget Grows Nasty
- Newly Wed Texas Comptroller Predicts Higher Shortfall. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p4
Focuses on the shortfall in revenues for the state predicted by the Texas comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn. State revenues accounted for in a budget; Other states with budget deficits; Other problems faced by the state.
- Comptroller: Texas Short $9.9 Billion. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p1
Reports that Texas faces a $9.9 billion revenue shortfall according to an announcement made by the state's Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn on January 13, 2003. Impact of the shortfall on the state's budget; Concern of the comptroller regarding the state's economy.
- We are still full throttle at Senate Finance Committee. Baucus, Max // Hill;6/4/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 64, p30
The article reports on several accomplishments of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee in 2008 including the rebate program, legislation on tax relief for military families, and healthcare reform.
- Healthcare, texting and Afghanistan. // Hill;10/13/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 117, p16
The author reflects on the development of the votation on the health care reform legislation by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
- Ad tax legislation has advertisers on edge. Weinstein, Deborah // Medical Marketing & Media;Feb2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on a clause in a draft proposal by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee by which business will not be able to write off advertising expenses as a cost of doing business.
- RAC overhaul bill approved. Mongan, Emily // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p2
The article reports that the legislation related to the Medicare payments handled by the Recovery Audit Contractors has been approved by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee and mentions that the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) can process several appeals annually.
- Waste, Fraud, and Abuse. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/13/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 10, p973
The article informs that members of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee has outlines recommendations from more than 160 stakeholders in the health care community regarding ways to improve federal efforts to tackel waste, fraud, and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs in the U.S.
- The Lone Comptroller. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p68
Features Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn. Career background; Information on her campaign slogan; Criticism on her policy and decisions.
- Party Leaders Name Seven New Faces to the Senate Finance Committee. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p3
Reports on the appointment of politicians to the United States Senate Finance Committee. Number of appointees to the committee; Ratio of Republicans to Democrats appointed to the committee; List of politicians selected to staff the Senate Finance Committee.