Phoenix Pushes Major Airport Expansion Plan Amid Downturn
- Detroit Airport Agency OKs $3.6B Plan; Delays Runway, Monorail. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/6/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32934, p3
The article reports on a $3.6 billion master plan approved by the board of Wayne County Airport Authority for the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport that delays plans to build a fifth runway and a passenger monorail line. The board members unanimously approved the plan after twice...
- Airline delays are cause for concern. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar95, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the increased delays for intra-European flights in 1994 based on the information gathered by the Association of European Airlines. Reason for the delays; Percentage of delays for the four quarters.
- Bristol adds a new Paris connection. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/26/2015, Issue 3136, p22
The article reports on the additional airline travel route services offered by Bristol Airport for its airlines to Paris, France from April 2015 with departures from Bristol, England.
- LAX FlyAway shuttles. // Travel Daily;7/3/2014, p7
The article reports on the expected launch of direct bus services from Santa Monica and Hollywood to Los Angeles International Airport in California in 2014.
- Connecting the kingdom. Sell, Christopher // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/27/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p61
The article reports that the Saudi Arabian transportation infrastructure has been getting investments and strong support after years of delay. Urbanization and anticipated rise in construction programs are making its way in upgrading the inner city roads and public transport system of the...
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Renew FAA Programs Including $15.8B AIP. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32633, p34
The article reports on a bill approved by the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee to renew Federal Aviation Administration programs. It would authorize spending $15.8 billion over four years for the agency's airport improvement grant program. Furthermore, the measure would provide $3.8 billion in...
- Airport Finance: Using Airport Grant Funds for Security Projects Has Affected Some Development Projects: GAO-03-27. // GAO Reports;10/15/2002, p1
The events of September 11, 2001 created several new challenges for the aviation industry in ensuring the safety and security of the national airport system. Chief among them is deciding to what extent Airport Improvement Program (AIP) grant funds should be used to finance the new security...
- Bordeaux Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;9/14/2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Bordeaux Airport to open a budget airline terminal in France in May 2010. It notes that the new airline terminal aims to provide a 25 minute-turnaround which will cost 5.5 million Euro dollars. It mentions the facility development the airline will provide...
- Yangtze River Re-enters U.S. // Air Cargo World;Nov2008, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that cargo carrier Yangtze River Express Airlines Co. Ltd. has resumed its international flights to the U.S. The company operates a converted 747-400 freighter from Pu Dong Airport in Shanghai, China to Los Angeles commenced on October 23, 2008 and services include four...