New Jersey Governer's $24 Billion Budget Seeks Return to 'Sanity'
- The Chop Heard 'round the State. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;2/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the 2004 spending plan of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey. Programs that will be affected by the spending cuts; Proposals to increase state revenue; Information on a legislation aimed at encouraging business and industry to clean up contaminated sites.
- Rich and Poor Will Pay for this Budget. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;8/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p18
Comments on the decision of the New Jersey Supreme Court to allow Governor James McGreevey to borrow budget for state funding for fiscal 2004. Effect of the court's ruling on the tax and spending policies; Failure of the Republicans to represent the needs of New Jersey residents.
- NEWS in BRIEF: A STATE CAPITALS ROUNDUP. Gewertz, Catherine; Gehring, John; Hoff, David J.; Richard, Alan // Education Week;2/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p24
Presents developments related to educational budgets as of February 12, 2003 in the U.S. Budget proposal by governor of New Jersey James E. McGreevey; Decrease in educational budgets of some states due to budget deficits; Proposal given by Maryland governor Robert L. Ehrlich to contribute money...
- The Real Cause Of the Tax Crisis. Taber, George M. // njbiz;2/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p14
Comments on the proposal of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey to cut the budget of the state as of February 2003. Percentage of budget cut at the transportation sector; Impact of the proposal on education finance; Implications of the inadequate revenue system; Status of municipal service...
- Totting Up Budget Gains and Losses. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;7/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p10
Discusses the impact of a budget signed into law by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on businesses in the state in 2004. Significance of the restoration of a net operating loss deduction to the taxes of employers; Background on a tax incentive program for manufacturers; Factor behind an...
- New Jersey's Governor Declares War on Sprawl. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p26
Reports on New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's campaign against suburban sprawl in the state as of January 2003. Proposals made by the governor in his inaugural State of the State address; Reaction of municipal market participants to these proposals; Economic rationale of the governor's...
- Raters Wary Over New Jersey Governor's Spending, Debt Plans. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;2/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31829, p1
Credit rating analysts have voiced concern over the increase in spending and new borrowing plans which New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey unveiled in his $26.3 billion fiscal 2005 budget. McGreevey's proposed budget includes issuing $1.5 billion in debt backed by revenues generated from...
- NEW JERSEY: Newark Arena Action. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Reports on the plans of New Jersey's prospective governor James McGreevey to build a sports arena in the state. Criticism of McGreevey's plan.
- New Jersey Governor's Budget Balancing Draws Agency Attention. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p3
Focuses on the plans of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey for the fiscal budget of 2003. Impact of revenue shortfalls on the budget; Credit ratings set by Standard & Poor's Corp.