- Teacher talk. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p2
The article presents information about Chicago Public Schools. 77% of Chicago schools have been ranked lowest by teacher qualification by Education Research Council of Illinois. David Vitale, chief administrative officer of Chicago Public Schools, said that he is planning for a pilot program to...
- A head for business. CORFMAN, THOMAS A. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/4/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p0003
The article discusses the contracting scandal involving David Vitale, president of the Chicago Board of Education and former chief executive officer (CEO) of the Chicago Board of Trade. Topics mentioned include the criticisms Vitale got when he cut payments to the retirement fund of the Chicago...
- Chicago Public Schools Chief on Leave in Midst of Federal Probe. Bayliss, Deborah // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;4/22/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p1
The article focuses on Barbara Byrd-Bennett, chief of the Chicago Public Schools who took a leave amid controversy that she awarded a $20.5 million no-bid contract to her former employer. It mentions that her employer was SUPES Academy LLC, a professional development organization she used to...
- Byrd-Bennett Announced as New Public School CEO. Gillespie, Rhonda // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/17/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 30, p1
The article offers information on Barbara Byrd-Bennett, the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Chicago Public Schools (CPS). It informs that Rahm Emanuel, an American politician and David Vitale, President of the Chicago Board of Education announced Byrd-Bennet as head of the CPS. It...
- Art History. Brown, Hattie // Education Week;2/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on the neglected paintings in Chicago public schools. Efforts done by founder of the Chicago Conservation Center, Barry Bauman to restore the paintings; Work done by Chicago students to publicize the paintings.
- Gamble for labor peace in city's schools does not pay off. Forte, Lorraine // Crain's Chicago Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p12
The article presents the author's views on the contract signed by Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Teachers Union in 2007.
- Chicago Schools to audit menus. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
Reports that Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is contracting with the University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Nutrition Coordinating Center, to perform an audit of its lunch and breakfast menus. Analysis of the organization's four menu cycles; CPS' commencement of a new dinner service program.
- LGBTQs take education to the streets. NAIR, YASMIN // Windy City Times;9/2/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p8
The article focuses on the protest held at Chicago Public School (CPS) headquarters during the Chicago Board of Education budget meeting on August 26, 2009, regarding school closings resulting from the proposed changes to CPS.
- Gay high school meeting Thursday. // Windy City Times;9/17/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p4
The article announces that a community hearing by the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) will be held at the Billie Jean King Recreation Hall at the Center on Halsted in Chicago, Illinois, on September 18, 2008.