Irvine, Calif., Eyes $153 Million of Mello-Roos for Marine Base
- Effect of new Calif. budget won't be known for months. Alexander, T. // American Libraries;Oct92, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p728
Discusses the impact of the state budget on California's library system. How it's a fiscal disaster, a kind of devastation that eats at the basic, community-level infrastructure; The real understanding of the impact won't be apparent until January 1993; How the cuts will be deep and varied;...
- Rethinking Infrastructure for the 21st Century. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall2000, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the issues involved in the public policy of California on infrastructure for the 21st century. Governor Davis' establishment of the Commission on Building for the 21st Century to address the issues and other problems; Demand-management strategies recommended; Financing of...
- Economic Regulations. Babcock Jr., Bruce; Beck, Jeffrey F.; Bethard, William S.; Hall, Richard V.; Huerta, John E.; Patrick, Clayton C.; Schwab, Douglas M. // California Law Review;Oct67, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1093
Discusses the implications for economic regulation of the California Supreme Court decision in 'Wilke & Holzheiser Inc. v. Alcoholic Beverage Control.' Facts, issue and ruling of the case; Petition to regain liquor license; Constitutionality of price maintenance provisions of the Alcoholic...
- Mr. not-so-nice guy. Ferguson, Tim W. // American Spectator;Oct93, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p60
Covers California governor Pete Wilson's actions against illegal immigration calling for a change in federal laws to reduce the drawing power of government benefits and services. Conservative Republicans in California on ending federally mandated programs for illegal immigrants; Budget...
- Help wanted. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/11/98, Issue 322301, p30
Editorial. Focuses on economic recovery plan proposed to address job losses and declining industrial space absorption rate in Fresno, California. Unemployment in the area in 1997; Help wanted sign attached to the plan; Business support to the plan.
- HIT OR MISS. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/15/2002, Issue 322903, p26
Reports developments in California as of March 2002. Increase in unemployment insurance rates; Approach of the state towards policy planning according to the American Planning Association; Budget projection in the Social Security wage base.
- Killing Middle-Class Ambition in California. McDonald, Jr., James J. // Orange County Business Journal;12/14/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 50, p8
The article reflects on the need to improve the economic prospects of the middle class in California.
- Strong Q1 for Mid-Counties Industrial. // Orange County Business Journal;5/4/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p41
The article discusses the financial performance and economic activity of the Mid-Counties industrial submarket in California which offers functional industrial base, clean and safe environment and housing options.
- Voters send clear message: no new taxes. Zaremberg, Allan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/29/2009, Issue 324029, p26
The article comments on the voters' reaction regarding the increase in taxes under Proposition 1A by California's government. Proposition 1A controls the spending limit and implements long-term budget reforms. It is stated that though the content of Proposition 1A was irrelevant to voters, the...