Davis to Veto Budget Cuts Hinging on Vehicle License Fee
- After the Recall. DeMaio, Carl; Passantino, George // Orange County Business Journal;10/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p63
Focuses on the economic issues awaiting action from the elected governor in California. Improvement needed by the poor credit rating of the street; Need to restructure the state budget; Creation of a reform commission to address the issues.
- This year the state sits down to a feast. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/10/2000, Issue 322640, p34
Editorial. Examines the budget of California for 2000-2001 and its impact on the state's economy. Budget creating 103 permanent programs; Government spending reaching 40 percent of the state's economy; Funding of ghost employees; Approval of the 2000-2001 State budget.
- California wins kudos for helping keep industry. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/11/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 24, p82
Editorial. Highlights the shock for California of the massive defense cuts on top of a national recession. Number of jobs lost; Comments of state economic development officials; Effect of decision.
- California budget cleared. // State Government News;Sep98, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the California Legislature's approval of the state's 1998-1999 budget on August 10, 1998. Total worth of the budget; What the budget includes.
- Lawyer: Injunction won't hurt California debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30434, p3
Focuses on the pending preliminary injunction on California's fiscal 1999 appropriations. Impact on the debt service on general obligation and revenue bonds; Components of the 1999 budget; Postponement of the review of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority's financial conditions.
- Local legislators need to stay vigilant to ensure Valley gets fair share of budget. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/13/2000, Issue 322694, p34
Discusses issues that are expected to appear in the California Governor's budget for 2001-2002 and their implications for San Joaquin Valley's share of budget. Education; Health care; Transportation, environment and economic development.
- Defense, Crops Fueling Local Economy. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p54
Comments on the increase in the defense spending in San Diego, California. Rank of the area in the military concentration in the nation; List of defense contractors; Total economic impact of agriculture on the region.
- California state budget coming into focus. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/2/2002, Issue 322963, p16
Editorial. Comments on the 2002-2003 California Budget to be settled on August 5, 2002.
- Welcome to the Bond Buyer's Seventh Annual California Public Finance Conference--and to the... Yacoe, Donald // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p2A
Focuses on California's legislative approach to public finance which tends to pursue a patchwork of remedies instead of comprehensive solutions. Leadership of the state in terms of municipal bond issuance; Increase in the state's municipal bond volume.