Snow: Bush Plan Won't Hurt Munis, Localities
- Snow Seeks To Put GSEs Under Unit Of Treasury. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;9/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 171, p1
U.S. Department of Treasury Secretary John Snow will ask lawmakers next week to shift regulation of Fannie Mae Corp. and Freddie Mac company to a new unit of his agency that would examine the companies' financial health, have control over new products and be financially independent from...
- Putting a New Face Forward . Allen, Jodie T.; Newman, Richard J. // U.S. News & World Report;12/23/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 24, p30
Discusses the appointments of John Snow, William Donaldson, and Stephen Friedman to the economic advisory team of the administration of United States President George W. Bush. The most prominent features on the face of the Bush economic team should be familiar to those who remember the...
- Supply-side sniping . Dobbs, Lou // U.S. News & World Report;12/23/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 24, p34
United States President George W. Bush's nominations of John Snow to be the next treasury secretary, William Donaldson to be Securities and Exchange Commission chairman, and Stephen Friedman to be chief economic adviser occurred in December 2002, and the partisan fighting between Republicans and...
- Dr. John Snow is honored with a pump (handle attached). // Nation's Health;Sep92, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
Comments on the unveiling of a monument to London physician John Snow, one of the most revered figures in public health history. Significance of the pump to epidemiologists; More.
- John Snow is remembered with a pump--at the scene. // Nation's Health;Sep92, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p31
Reports on a monument unveiled by the Westminster City Council of central London, commemorating the work of Dr. John Snow, who traced the source of a cholera epidemic, in 1854, to a water pump.
- Correction. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/29/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p257
A correction to the article about John Snow that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Former chief mourned. // Alberta Sweetgrass;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p3
Pays tribute to the late John Snow Sr., former chief of the Nakoda-Wesley First Nation.
- Remembering Dr. John Snow on the sesquicentennial of his death. Oleckno, William A. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/17/2008, Vol. 178 Issue 13, p1691
The article presents an obituary for the author of the book "Chloroform and Other Anesthetics," Dr. John Snow.
- John Snow, hero of cholera: RIP. Koch, Tom // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/17/2008, Vol. 178 Issue 13, p1736
An obituary for Doctor John Snow is presented.