NEWS IN BRIEF
- MANAGEMENT LESSONS FROM THE PRESIDENT. Panchak, Patricia // Industry Week/IW;04/02/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p5
Describes how President George W. Bush is running the United States government and compares it to managing a business. His attitude toward critics which suggests that he delegates so much; His perspective on polling; His management strategy.
- Remarks Prior to a Meeting With Business Leaders. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/17/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p1004
Presents the text of remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush on June 3, 2002 pior to a meeting with business leaders, which dealt with corporate responsibility.
- LETTERS. Miller, Steve; Fast, Larry; Gill, Richard // Industry Week/IW;Feb2004, Vol. 253 Issue 2, p8
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics published in previous issues. "Come On, Get Happy," which dealt with business management; "Talent Scouts," which focused on the use of interviewing techniques; "Deficits Do Matter," which emphasized the tax cut proposal of U.S....
- A lot at stake. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;7/12/2002, p4
Addresses the need for business leaders and auditors to have a responsibility to ensure their behavior is in line with basic corporate principles. Defense of U.S. President George W. Bush against accusations of wrongdoing in business dealings; Call of South African President Thabo Mbeki for the...
- Remarks Following a Tour of Meyer Tool, Inc., in Cincinnati, Ohio. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/2/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 39, p1665
The article presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush delivered following a tour of Meyer Tool Inc. in Cincinnati, Ohio on September 25, 2006. He honors the entrepreneurial spirit at the company and its owners for ensuring that they are on the leading edge of technological change and a...
- Where did black business loans go? ALFORD, HARRY C. // Charlotte Post;12/10/2015, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p4A
No abstract available.
- Red, Yellow, Green. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;12/1/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p6
The article presents the author's views on the assessment of the periodical's administration and performance in the management arena and in knowing whether charities effectively support the causes they espouse. He says, he used the assessment method of grading on the lines of assessment done by...
- Remarks at the Presentation of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Awards. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/11/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p370
Presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush delivered at the presentation of the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Awards on March 7, 2002. Significance of public school system in the U.S.; Appreciation on the contributions of U.S. Commerce Secretary Malcolm Baldridge; Importance of...
- Interview With the Wall Street Journal. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p589
Presents an interview with U.S. President George W. Bush on April 8, 2002 on various political and economic issues from around the world. Comments on issues involving Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, Chairman Yasser Arafat of the Palestinian Authority and Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia;...