New Reporting Rules Come at Bad Time for Texas University Systems
- GASB UPDATES 'BLENDED' ENTITLES STANDARDS. // Accounting Today;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the revisions issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) to its financial reporting entity standards in Norwalk, Connecticut, in February 2011, the purpose of which is to improve reporting for governmental entities such as state universities.
- Public colleges and universities. // Practical Accountant;Sep99, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the United States Governmental Accounting Standards Board's proposal regarding accounting and financial reporting of public colleges and universities. Effectivity date.
- America's Public Schools. Vangen, Clara M.W. // Buildings;Jan2001, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p62
Focuses on the problem of outdated and substandard facilities among public school districts, colleges and universities in the United States. Average age of a public school in 1999; Cost of a major renovation project for public schools; How the University of North Carolina addressed the...
- Financial reporting model for public colleges and universities proposed. // PA Times;Jun97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the Governmental Accounting Standards Board's release of a proposed financial model for public colleges and universities in the United States. Effectivity date of proposed financial model; Components of financial model; Contact information.
- Public colleges must report depreciation under new GASB rule. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30786, p6
Highlights the United States Governmental Accounting Standards Board's implementation of Statement 35, which requires public colleges and universities to amortize their capital asset costs over the useful lives of those assets. Extension of Statement 34, which requires state and local government...
- GASB issues tech bulletin, interpretation. // Practical Accountant;Jan98, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p55
Presents information on a technical bulletin issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). Identification of what the bulletin was about; Details on GASB's interpretation of NO.5, Property Tax Revenue Recognition in Governmental Funds.
- GASB issues taxpayer-assesses tax revenues standard. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p59
Reports that the Governmental Accounting Standards Board has issued a statement on accounting for taxpayer-assessed revenues. Requirements of statement.
- New GASB debt refunding statement. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p59
Reports that the US Governmental Accounting Standards Board has issued a statement on the debt refunding statements of state and local governments. Components of regulations; Comparisons to previous system.
- Overview of small government financial environment. // Practical Accountant;Jul96, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p71
Highlights a Governmental Accounting Standards Board's (GASB) research report that provides the GASB and other interested parties with a comprehensive overview of the small government financial reporting environment. Important aspects of the report; Contact information.