Budget for HUD Would Restructure Section 8 Vouchers
- Oklahoma tribes to receive piece of state's $120 million. // Native American Times;3/13/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p2
The article announces that Oklahoma will receive about $120 million for community development and native American housing programs from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The fund allocation is part of the $10.1 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Of the...
- HUD Rental Assistance: Progress and Challenges in Measuring and Reducing Improper Rent Subsidies: GAO-05-1027. Wood, David G. // GAO Reports;9/27/2005, p1
In fiscal year 2003, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) paid about $28 billion to help some 5 million low-income tenants afford decent rental housing. HUD has three major programs: the Housing Choice Voucher (voucher) and public housing programs, administered by public housing...
- HUD Embraces Technology. Bell, John // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p32
Presents information on the Internet-based applications designed by the U.S. Department Housing and Urban Development to improve management of government-assisted housing. Active Partners Performance System; Mortgage Delinquency and Default Monitoring; Financial Assessment Subsystems; Tenant...
- Orange County receives federal housing grants. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/16/94 - 5/23/94, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p42
Reports on the two grants received by the Orange County, New York State from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- HEW vs. HUD. Kaplan, Seth // New Republic;8/6/77, Vol. 177 Issue 6/7, p15
Focuses on the suitability of a housing allowance scheme proposed by the U.S. Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare Joseph Califano, which would require "section eight" programs to be scrapped. Criticism of the present housing allowance system by proponents of the Secretary's allowance...
- Part of the solution: A public housing view. Nelson, Kevin // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p6
Comments on public housing in the United States in light of United States Dept. of Housing and Urban Development reform. Complexity of public housing; Prevalence of good public housing management; Congress' contributions to public housing problems.
- Step-up: Old values, new opportunities. Allan, Richard S. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's STEP-UP housing program. Program's ability to link the poor with jobs paying decent wages; STEP-UP as a reflection of the themes and key guiding principles found in President Clinton's housing policy agenda; Features of...
- New HUD procedures help verify. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p3
Reports that the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in United States has developed improved computer software designed to help public and Indian housing authorities verify the Social Security (SS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) of residents receiving rental assistants. ...
- City reports. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun98, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p38
Presents several brief news on public housing in the United States. Consortium established by Waukesha, Philadelphia to develop affordable housing; Funds received by Inglewood, Philadelphia from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.