Bush Budget for Fiscal 2004 Reduces Funding to District of Columbia
- A Study in Contrasts: Healthy Erie County, Sickly Buffalo. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p3
Studies the budget tradition contrast between Erie County and city of Buffalo in New York. Dependence of Buffalo to state grants; Balance in the funds of Erie County; Grades of both counties from rating agency.
- Assembly budget gives kids access to 1st-rate education. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/29/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p23
Reports on the potential impact of the New York State's proposed budget to the state's funding of schools.
- NEW JERSEY: Local Cuts Prompt Scrutiny. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/18/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33550, p9
The article reports on the massive cuts of the 2012 state aid to the affected cities in New Jersey placing six municipalities in the area for review of possible downgrade.
- Budget cuts threaten ag programs. O'Leary, Fran // Wisconsin Agriculturist;May2011, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p16
In this article the author discusses the failed school district referendum by 129 votes, which will force the Rosendale-Brandon School Board to slash 800,000 from the budget in 2012 of an estimated 520,000 in cuts to state aid.
- Oklahoma state agency suffers new fund cuts. // Library Journal;6/1/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p1058
Reports that the Oklahoma Department of Libraries is faced with a problem of recommended reduction in its budget which will be cut from state aid to public libraries and from department's operation budget. Effect of the reduction in the budget on various operations of the department.
- Cutting Aid to America's Poorest Neighborhoods. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;5/12/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on the federal funding of poor U.S. neighborhoods which is being threatened by a craze of budget cutting initiated by politicians.
- Struggling Ohio City Wants State Aid Money Back. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;4/13/2015, p22
The article reports that East Cleveland, a suburb in Ohio, is requesting the restoration of 6.7 million dollars in local government aid cuts as it attempts to emerge from a state of fiscal emergency.
- Virginia: more state aid, new state library name. // Library Journal;9/1/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 14, p118
Reports on the increase of state aid for Virginia libraries as of September 1987.
- Proposed budget cuts could harm children and families. Moran, Rena // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;5/19/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 42, p2
The article offers the author's insights regarding the proposal of the Republican majority for budget cuts in K-12 education, which will have a devastating impact to the children and families in Minnesota.