NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 7, 2003. Amount of the four-week discount bills on sale by the Treasury Department; Decrease of the tender rates included in discount bills; Percentage of the auctioned inflation indexed notes.
- Munis Unchanged in Light Trading: Supply Concerns Weigh on Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31759, p2
Reports on the bond market in the United States as of November 11, 2003. Auction of the United States Department of the Treasury.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Prediction of economic growth; Decline of households' holiday spending; Trading of four-week discount bills by the Treasury Department.
- Treasury to Raise $9.0B With 4-Week Bills Today. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32445, p2
The article reports on the plan of the Treasury Department to auction its $24 billion of four-week discount bills and will be used to refund the $15 billion maturing bills in the U.S.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p2
Presents news briefs related to bonds and stocks in the U.S. as of December 3, 2002. Increase in construction spending for the month of October; Rise in the index of Institute for Supply Management for the month of November; Tender rates for 91-day and 182-day discount bills of the U.S....
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sigo, Shelly; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p2
Presents several news briefs related to the U.S. bond market as of March 11, 2003. Sale of four-week discount bills by the Treasury Department; Tender rates for the Treasury's discount bills; Improvement in manufacturing activity in Kansas-based Federal Reserve Bank.
- Indexes Continue Fall to Record Lows Amid Deflation Fears, Greenspan Testimony. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p6
The Bond Buyer yield indexes, as well as the 30-year Treasury bond yield and the 10-year Treasury note yield, continued to decline in a week which was marked by fears of deflation, which were driven away by testimony from U.S. Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan. On May 19, 2003,...
- Pennsylvania to Rake in Nearly $300 Million in Unclaimed Property Revenue. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p37
Reducing the amount of time businesses can hold abandoned property to five years from seven as called for in the Unclaimed Property Revenue Enhancement Act has brought in that money to the cash-strapped commonwealth. The amended law also requires the U.S. Department of Treasury to liquidate...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 0.815%, 0.840%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p2
The article reports on developments related to the bond markets in the United States as of June 23, 2003. Tender rates for the U.S. Department of the Treasury's latest 91-day and 183-day discount bills were lower. Federal banks also bought $6,131,549,000 worth of discount bills for themselves....