Bush Budget: Not Much for Municipals
- Chamber Backs Street Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/4/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32996, p9
The article reports that the Citizens for Tulsa Streets, the economic development arm of the Tulsa Metro Chamber, is the largest contributor to the chamber's campaign committee supporting approval of the city's proposed $415.6 million, five-year street package in Oklahoma. The group raised...
- Connecticut will dip into surplus to cover stadium's expanding price. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p36
Reports that the state of Connecticut plans to use part of its projected budget surplus to help finance the construction of a bond-financed stadium project for the New England Patriots football team. Details of the state's budget realignment plan.
- Puerto Rico Not Making GO Set Asides. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;7/31/2015, p35
The article reports that the Puerto Rican government suspended its allotment of budget that would settle the general obligation debt of the country.
- Central Falls, R.I., to Sell $2. 1M Under Receiver's Austerity Plan. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33369, p24
The article reports on the move of the city of Central Falls in Rhode Island to sell its 2.1 million dollars of deficit bonds to offset the city's budget under a receiver's austerity plan which also increases property and motor vehicle taxes.
- Chicago Plans Multiple GO Issues to Help Fund 2001 Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p32
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' plan to issue general obligation bonds to pay for budgeted expenses in 2001. City Council's approval of Mayor Richard M. Daley's 2001 budget; Pricing of the general obligation bonds in February 2001.
- Budget Deal Has Little Impact on Nassau County Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p4
Reports the impact of the budget and fiscal plan on municipal market bonds in Nassau County, New York. Difficulty in selling the obligation bonds; Effect of the plan on property tax revenue; Need to overcome financial deficit and deal closure; Assistance of the Nassau County Interim Financing...
- Muni mart rallies support against budget proposal. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/13/98, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p5
Reports that the several players in the municipal bond market are gathering support to try to destroy two provisions of the United States President Bill Clinton budget proposal, in relation to the increase of funding costs for municipal debt issuers. Identification of how much the increase will...
- Shortfalls Shouldn't Curb Demand for West Virginia Paper. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p30
Reports that West Virginia is facing a budget shortfall in 2003 and 2004, but analysts are predicting that the demand for state debt issuance, including a lottery bond sale, will remain strong. High market demand for West Virginia bonds due to the state's relatively low amount of issuance;...
- Tennessee governor proposes nearly tripling bond issuance for fiscal 1999. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;02/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30323, p3
Reports that Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist has proposed tripling the municipal bond issuance in fiscal 1999. General obligation bonds (GOs); Revenue bonds; Job reduction; Programs that would benefit from the GOs; Increase in the fiscal 1999 budget; State government spending.