Texas' Transport Creativity
- Record Refunding Year Yields $319M of Savings for TxDOT. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;12/5/2014, p37
The article reports the claim by Texas Department of Transportation's (TxDOT) Benjamin Asher as of early December 2014 that the department has lowered its borrowing costs by 425 million dollars by refunding bonds at historically low interest rates. Among the issued bonds are the 1.83 million...
- TxDOT'S Ready To Roll With $900m Double-Barreled Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/24/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32139, p27
The article focuses on the Texas Department of Transportation that will go to market with a $900 million offering of double-barreled bonds. The transaction marks the first standalone highway debt to be issued at the state level in Texas. In addition, part of the bond proceeds will be spent on...
- TxDOT Still Has Big Debt Plans. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/29/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33139, p1
The article reports on the plan of officials from the Texas Department of Transportation to issue a total of $4.9 billion of voter-authorized bonds in 2009. It notes that the plan was made regardless of the rising debt service for transpiration bonds and falling revenue, which cause worries...
- Fitch Upgrades Central Texas Toll Bonds After $1.68B Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/06/2015, Vol. 1, p1
After record savings on a $1.68 billion refunding deal, the Central Texas Turnpike System has earned a one-notch upgrade to A-minus, Fitch Ratings analyst Casey Cathcart said.
- Legislative Leaders Urge TxDOT to Sell $1.5B of Gas-Tax Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p4
The article reports on the move of the top state legislative leaders to urge the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to tap the bond market with $1.5 billion of debt backed by the state's gasoline tax to help reduce a growing backlog of highway projects. In a letter signed by Lieutenant...
- 5 Texas shops are cleaning up their final acts for DOT. Krajewski, Steve // Adweek Southeast Edition;03/23/98, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p5
Presents information on the review for the Texas Department of Transportation's anti-litter account which is now own to five shops. Identification of the agencies still in the review; Information on the dollar value of the account.
- FYI: Post Ike important information. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);9/25/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p6
The article offers information on the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Web site and Web links to flood damaged vehicle information.
- Misinformation, Exaggeration, and Lies Bring Out The Truth Squad. Hall, Terri // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);9/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p11
The article reflects on the discrepancies in the services of the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Next Hearing For Lawsuit To STOP TxDOT's Illegal Lobbying! Hall, Terri // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);10/17/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p14
The article reports that the Texans Uniting for Reform and Freedom (TURF) will argue against the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT) in a lawsuit seeking an injunction against state DOT officials' illegal lobbying.