Got No Street Cred
- FROM THE PUBLISHER. Mitchell, Peter // New Zealand Apparel;Apr2012, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses how shop leases are one of the biggest problems that retailers need to deal with in a tight market.
- WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO? Newton, Fiona // New Zealand Apparel;Aug2012, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p24
The article presents questions and answers related to retail trade such as commercial leases and site selection.
- The fine print, or understanding key clauses in retail leasing. Dow, Andy // Fort Worth Business Press;4/25/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p35
Discusses the use of several clauses in retail leases. Use of the premises; Assignment of the lease or subletting of the premises; Costs of common area maintenance.
- ORANGE COUNTY RETAIL MARKET. // Orange County Business Journal;02/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p25
Report the performance of the retail market in Orange County, California in 200. Decline in vacancy rates; Positivity of retail net absorption; Increase in asking rents.
- Will virtual vacancy belie the numbers? // Chain Store Age;May96, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p72
Focuses on the vacancy rates of retail centers and various property types in the United States. Percentage of vacancy rates for malls as of March 1995; Median vacancy rate of strip centers; Retail space demand in Midwestern states; Contributing factors; Effect of bankruptcy closure by tenant on...
- Scrutinizing synthetic LEASES. Bergsman, Steve // Shopping Center World;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p44
Analyzes the sale/leaseback financing used by several retailers in the U.S. Discussion of the experience of PETsMART Inc. on synthetic leases; Proposal of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to change special purpose entities; Remarks from Commercial Net Lease Realty Inc. president Gary...
- Retail's real estate reverb. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);5/19/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p6
The article reports that despite an economic downturn and falling consumer spending, the retail developments in Las Vegas, Nevada remain strong. Business is booming in high-end malls but smaller retailers and their landlords are affected by the reduced consumer spending. Despite increased...
- A buyer's market. Taylor, David // Estates Gazette;2/25/2006 Supplement, p37
The article reports on the disadvantages associated with the leaseback of retail business in Great Britain. The reasons behind the inappropriateness of lease structure for retail business are mentioned. The valuation of retail asset in the country is cited. Paul Wilson of Invesco comments on the...
- You must give as good as you get. // Convenience Store;7/22/2011, p16
The article presents Pam Hoffman's advice to retailers being pursued by finance companies with regards to their leasing arrangements.