THE UNITED COLORS OF RETAILING
- 2 Honda plans help minority hopefuls. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;2/25/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5972, p10
Reports the marketing plans of Honda for minority dealers. Reference to minorities as equity partners; Impact of the approach on the diversity of the retail market; Advantages of the approach.
- New York dealer's loan-bias probe was costly. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;4/19/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6089, p34
Last month, Don Metzner, owner of automobile dealership Armory Nissan in Albany, New York, agreed in a settlement with New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer to charge the same interest rate markup to all customers who take out loans through his dealership. Metzner had been the target of an...
- PERENNIAL NO. 1 BURT AUTOMOTIVE VACATES TOP RANK. Taylor, Mike // ColoradoBiz;Jul2010, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p43
The article reports on the decision of Burt Automotive Network in Colorado to divest its retail automotive dealership. It mentions that the company's bankruptcy-related dealership reduction program has caused it to exit from the retail automobile business. A list of the top 50 minority-owned...
- chapter 10: How to manage your distribution strategy. // Marketing Strategy Desktop Guide;8/25/2000, p237
Chapter 10 of the book "Marketing Strategy Desktop Guide" is presented. It discusses the chief strategies for product transfer to its intended market. It presents the criteria for selecting channels of distribution and techniques for assessing distributor performance. It also explores the...
- Northeast Ohio corporations warming up to diverse suppliers. Payne, Maya R. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p20
The article reports that the Northeast Ohio corporations are warming upto diverse suppliers. According to Wyatt Brownlee, executive director of the Northern Ohio Minority Business Council, only recently have local corporations fully grasped the business implications of the U.S. demographic...
- Chrysler wants Tier 1s to use more minority suppliers. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;10/3/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6169, p16
This article reports that in 2006, DaimlerChrysler AG will require Tier 1 suppliers to use more content from minority-controlled companies. According to Jethro Joseph, Chrysler group senior manager of minority supplier development, the company wants 8 percent of content on each Tier 1 contract...
- There's no time to chill out. // Food Manufacture;May2005, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p52
This article reports that fresh produce supplier Minor Weir & Willis has doubled the chilled/cold store capacity at its Birmingham headquarters in Alabama. This allows the firm to deliver 1-50,000 packages to customers every week within a 24 hour period. The new system allows for pallets...
- Suppliers line up for PPAI Fashion and Accessories Show. // Wearables Business;Dec2002, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p20
Lists several promotional product suppliers that will attend the 2003 PPAI Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada in January.
- Will independent jobbers still exist in the 21st century?. Kaufman, Edward // Automotive Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the problems facing automotive parts jobbers. Views from Jim Walker, formerly marketing director of the RPM Group now a consultant to retailers and jobbers; Suggestions made by Walker in tha areas where jobbers failed. INSET: An overall look at distributors..