Food Fight in the Big Apple
- LOCAL NEWS. // Journal of Business (10756124);05/31/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pA2
Reports business developments in Spokane, Washington as of May 2001. Plan of Rosauers Supermarkets Inc. to buy Excell Food stores; Installation of diesel generators at Devils Gap by Avista Utilities; Renewal of the federal contract on Medicare managed-care plan by MSC/Premera Blue Cross.
- Supermarkets bet on pharmacy as a key to growth. Tosh, Mark // Drug Store News;4/8/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the growing interest of supermarkets to the opportunities offered by pharmacies. Information on the expected growth in the prescription drug market; Advantages offered by pharmacies to supermarkets; Area where supermarkets are quickly gaining ground on traditional drug stores.
- Supermarkets' vision encompasses more than food. // Chain Drug Review;4/23/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p78
The article offers information on the challenges being faced by the supermarket industry of the U.S. and also discusses their business strategy of price-driven merchandising and high-profit health and beauty products in order to attract more customers in the country.
- Untitled. Donovan, Tristan // Farmers Weekly;11/25/2016, Issue 1132, p1
The article offers information on the 2016 Fertile Minds Coventry roadshow in which speakers talked about selling to supermarkets and business planning.
- AutoCart revs up drive-through supercenter. Alexander, Antoinette // Drug Store News;1/17/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the plan of AutoCart LLC to open a drive-through facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Improvement of customer services; Variety of product and service categories; Completion of customer errands in pick-up stations.
- Food City doubles size of Campbell-Irvington store. // Inside Tucson Business;5/26/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on the business developments of Food City in Tucson, Arizona. Food City has expanded its former store at South Campbell Avenue and opened a 42,477-square-foot store in Irvington Road. The firm uses an everyday low price model and specializes in offering authentic Hispanic...
- Morrisons takes on Big Four stores. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);9/12/2002, p17
Focuses on the marketing strategy of William Morrison Supermarkets in England. Expansion of the market presence; Selection of a retail specialist agency; Increase of the market share.
- Retail observers see more in store for '04. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the expansion of the business enterprises in Westchester County, New York. Launch of furniture store by Drexel Heritage and Henredon; Completion of the supermarket chain of Stop and Shop; Result of the downtown revitalization.
- BRAND NEW DAY. Light, Deborah // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/15/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6274, p56
Reports the competition between house brands and branded goods in the Australian supermarkets. Popularity of brand names through advertising support; Business plans of Australian major retailers; Impact of product prices.