Thinking Too Big?
- Same-store sales flatten out. // Home Textiles Today;11/5/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p20
Reports the financial statements of same-store sales in New York. Decrease of sales during the third week of October; Effect of terrorist attack in retail stores; Termination of workers by several retailers to offset slowing sales.
- Irish retailers gloomy as sales plunge. // Grocer;10/9/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7976, p10
The article reports that retailers in Ireland posted a decline in sales value by around 20% in 2010, according to ADM Londis.
- Mothers Work Pares Loss. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/25/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 80, p19
Focuses on the financial performance of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based Mothers Work Inc. for the second quarter of fiscal year 2000. Comparison with the 1999 figures; Losses of the maternity apparel retailer; Proposal to open Mimi Essentials stores and Mimi Essentials departments in existing...
- Gottschalks' sales grow in 2005. Rodriguez, Adrian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/10/2006, Issue 323528, p1
The article reports on the continued increase in sales of Fresno, California-based retail company Gottschalks. Its increasing revenue contributed to the reduction of its debt. The company also announced an agreement for the closure and sale of its store near Seattle, Washington in the last week...
- Challenging year ahead, warns Beale. // Cabinet Maker;1/30/2004, Issue 5373, p4
Focuses on the financial performance of department store chain Beale in England.
- More chains shun reporting same-store sales. Showalter, Kathy // Shopping Centers Today;Jul2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p26
The article reports on the decision of retail companies to stop releasing monthly same-store sales in the U.S. Macy's Inc. and several publicly traded retail companies have stopped releasing comparable-store sales figures, a metric used to measure a retailer's health. It notes that retail...
- Confusing the numbers from Pueblo. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;10/10/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p28
Every time Pueblo International Inc.'s financial statements are released there seems to be some confusion as to whether the island's leading supermarket chain is doing well or not. As of today, the company is still struggling to swallow the closing of its Florida operations, bringing the local,...
- January trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2005, Issue 5428, p28
Focuses on the sales performance of furniture retailers for the month of January 2005. Increase sales from living room and bedroom cabinets; Percentage of production balance; Drop in furniture prices.
- A Journey Lost. FISHER, JIM // CSP;Jun2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p38
The article discusses several mistakes that convenience store owners commonly make which affect the performance of their businesses. One of these is the failure of retailers to thoroughly assess if they have the proper facilities to open a store. Another problem is the efforts of entrepreneurs...