Yesterday's Household Names: Today's Walking Wounded
- A ray of hope on the sales-tax hike. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p47
Presents news related to business in New York as of January 20, 2003. Possibility of a hike in Westchester County sales taxes; Financial troubles facing toy retailer FAO Inc.; Number of stores being closed by Kmart Corp.
- In the Pink Again. // License!;Jun2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p28
Reports that Kmart Corp. and FAO Inc. have emerged from bankruptcy in the United States. Exit financing of Kmart; Support of lenders to FAO.
- FAO Inc. in default of loan. // Kids Today;Nov/Dec2003, p22
Reports on the default of loan by FAO Inc. Terms of agreement with lenders; Financial performance of the company; Merchandising initiatives of the company.
- toys. // DSN Retailing Today;5/6/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p14
Presents updates on toy retail trade in the U.S. as of May 6, 2002. Announcement of Kmart that it will no longer honor car seat certificates distributed through the International Center for Injury Prevention in April; Decision of FAO Inc. to operate its Right Start boutiques and Zany Brainy...
- Toys were us. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/8/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p8
Reflects on the closing of FAO Schwarz toy stores. Stores which did not generate enough sales volume to justify large stores in upscale locations; Fond memories of many adults who have shopped there; Effect of stores such as Best Buy; Loss of a special place with unusual toys.
- F.A.O. Schwarz raises the bar. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p129
Announces the opening of F.A.O. Schwarz's store at The Forum Shops at Caesars in Las Vegas, Nevada. Preview of the facility's design; Remarks of chief executive officer John Eyler.
- FAO files reorganization plan. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Mar2003, p18
Reports on FAO Inc.'s filing of a bankruptcy reorganization plan in February 2003 in the U.S. Leading suppliers' optimism that the company will survive; Assets and liabilities of the company according to the plan; Company's hiring of Morgan Joseph & Co. to raise equity capital.
- Toys. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the success of the recent bankruptcy auction held for FAO Inc. in New York City.
- FAO Schwarz opens store in Seattle. // Playthings;Sep93, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p30
No abstract available.