Back to Drugs
- For drug makers, solid returns depend much on blockbusters. // Drug Store News;1/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p44
Reports on the increasing financial return of the brand-name drug manufacturers in Boston, Massachusetts. Escalation of sales profit; Advantages of eliminating unpromising drugs; Demand for blockbuster medications.
- WHY DRUG COMPANIES ARE THE MOST PROFITABLE U.S. INDUSTRY. // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 2, p1
Reports that pharmaceutical companies continued their supremacy as the most profitable industry the United States in 2001. Profits earned by Fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies; Shift to more expensive prescriptions; Factors that have allowed drug companies to gain substantial profits.
- Drug industry confounds analysts' forecasts. // Life Science Today;Jun2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the increased first quarter sales in drug industry in Europe. Percentage of the growth of sales; Impact of patent expiries on health reform; Advantage of patent protection of drugs.
- CME spend reaches $1.4 billion; industry ups contribution. Liebman, Milton // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the increasing income of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education providers in the U.S. Contribution of the pharmaceutical industry; Alteration in financial reporting; Income of the publishing companies.
- Survey Says Sales Not Enough. Gopal, Kevin // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p22
Presents the results of a survey facilitated by the Verband Forschender Arzneimittelhersteller, on the sales of pharmaceutical companies in Germany in 2001. Expected rise in sales in 2001; Percentage of respondents who said they expected sales to drop in 2002; Percentage of respondents who...
- Old Copycats: Learn New Tricks. Desai, V. Subhash // Siliconindia;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the aspects of the pharmaceutical industry in India. Overview on the average profits and revenues of pharmaceutical companies; Complexities facing large and small pharmaceutical firms; Profitability and risks with drug discovery.
- Negotiating and Structuring Strategic Alliances. Schulman, David; Zammit-Lucia, Joe; Easley, Chris // BioPharm International;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p72
Reports the difficulty in maintaining double-digit profit growth of pharmaceutical companies. Increase of value in determining biotechnology; Changes on the nature of biotechnology value; Generation of cash flow from technologies and products.
- IMS Health Business Watch. Friedman, Katherine; Kulp, Katrina // Medical Marketing & Media;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p40
Reports on the increase in the sales for the United States pharmaceutical industry for the year 1999. Increase in sales due to increased use of medicine; Anti-ulcer drugs' domination of the market; Percentage of drug purchases from retail pharmacies.
- Key pharmaceutical markets expect growth through 2005. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/16/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p25
Focuses on the expected growth of pharmaceutical markets in Latin America. Average rate of sales expansion; Expected annual sales in Mexico; Factors affecting the pharmaceutical industry; Influence of currency changes on pharmaceutical sales; Projected healthcare market status.