Housing Starts Build - But for How Long?
- The changing face of the construction industry. Black, Ian // Credit Management;Jan1998, p30
Part II. Offers solutions on how the construction industry can satisfy the housing demand in the next 25 years from 1998 and discusses other issues relevant to housing developers. Improvement in the quality of design; Environmental considerations; Customer services; Training of personnel;...
- Construction Spending Up in Aug. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p2
Reports on the increase in construction spending in the United States in August 2000. Comparison with July 2000 figures; Expenditures on private residential building and non-residential construction.
- Investment Opportunities. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p6
The article provides information about the opportunities facing Panama from international construction companies, as the country's growing population creates a serious shortage of affordable housing.
- Developers hit hitches. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;1/20/2003, p38
Reports on developments concerning the home building industry in South Africa, as of January 2003. Value of new sectional and townhouse projects completed in January-August 2002; Factors affecting the performance of the industry in 2002; Demand for houses.
- Commercial job ebb in Kootenai Country. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);3/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p24
Reports growth of the commercial construction sector in Kootenai County, Idaho. Stability of residential construction projects; Outline of several infrastructure projects; Renovation of the Kootenai Medical Center.
- BMP prunes its forecasts. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1995, p6
Reports on the trimmed down expectations of the National Council of Building Materials Producers from 1994-1996 for the construction industry in Great Britain. Housing market performance; Possible increased investment in industrial and commercial sectors; Growth forecast for housing repair and...
- Mixed reports show the recovery taking its time. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov/Dec96, p5
Looks at the construction industry as it relates to the domestic repair, maintenance and improvement of buildings. Comparison of workload figures from 1990 to 1996; Results of the State of Trade Survey published by the Federation of Master Builders; Improvements in house prices; Cautions stated...
- July new construction starts retreat 8 percent. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p14
Reports on new construction starts in Connecticut for July 2002. Volume of new construction; Construction starts for different property types; Comparison with previous figures.
- Housing construction dips 2.5 percent in August. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p23
Reports on housing construction activity in the U.S. for August 2002. Housing starts; Completion rates.