A Mall By Any Other Name
- Where's Westfield? // Business News New Jersey;03/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p2
Focuses on the New Jersey township of Westfield which has a problem with the Garden State Plaza's new name. Westfield America's earlier naming of the shopping center as the Westfield Shoppingtown Garden State Plaza, which has confused New Jersey residents.
- Westfield buys Horton Plaza, North County Fair. Grupe, Arthur S. // San Diego Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p39
Announces the purchase of San Diego, California's Horton Plaza and North County Fair shopping centers by Westfield America Inc. from TrizecHahn Corp. Terms of the deal; Implications of the move for Westfield America; Other properties acquired by Westfield; Background information about Westfield.
- Phillips Edison--ARC Shopping Center REIT Picks Up Minnesota Shopping Center for $10.2M. Stratton, Kelly // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;10/18/2012, p13
The article reports on the acquisition of New Prague Commons, a Coborn's-anchored shopping center in New Prague, Minnesotta, by Phillips Edison- ARC Shopping Center REIT Inc.
- Dodenhof ist Katag-Partner. M. E. // Textilwirtschaft;5/6/2010, Issue 18, p46
The article discusses the merger of German shopping centers Dodenhof and Katag as of July 1, 2010.
- Unibail-Rodamco steigt in Deutschland ein. Nowickix, Jörg // Textilwirtschaft;6/21/2012, Issue 25, p36
The article announces that french shopping center Unibal-Rodamco will take over part of Essner mfi AG.
- MIRACLE ON MARKET STREET. Boswell, Brannon // Shopping Center World;Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the partnership of Forest City and Westfield America to combine the Emporium department store with the in San Francisco Center in California. Specifications of the project layout; Disclosure of the project cost; Details of the site plans.
- Mall Makeover. Jones, Jeanne Lang // National Real Estate Investor;Jan2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the reconstruction of the Westfield Southcenter shopping mall in Seattle, Washington by Westfield America Inc. The amount worth $200 million was paid by Westfield America to acquire the area. The project that is to be completed in 2009 will have a 1.7 million square feet...
- Playing the Name Game. // Retail Traffic;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p33
Reports that Westfield America Inc. has decided to stop attaching the Shoppingtown moniker to projects its opens starting May 2005 in the U.S. Permanency of Westfield Shoppingtown in the states.
- Taubman Rejects Simon Offer Once More. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/6/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 46, p16
Reports on Taubman Centers Inc.'s rejection of the takeover attempt by rival Simon Properties Group and Westfield America. Recommendations made by the company's board of directors; Taubman's proxy statement filed May 12, 2002 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.