The adolescent personality, formal reasoning, and values
- Showing out for fun and profit. Lewis, Napoleon // BLACFAX;Winter95, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p11
Focuses on the term showing out, obvious displays of skill with braggadocio and a hint of arrogance. Use among blacks; Cases; Applications; Relation to entertainment and families.
- Kudos. // Orange County Business Journal;04/21/97, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p19
Presents a listing of persons from California, who were outstanding in April 1997. Appointment of Benjamin R. Du and Dale J. Fraaza to the Board of Directors of the Orange County Performing Arts Center; Pesons selected as Heroes of The Heart recipients; Award given to Yokohama Tire Corporation...
- Introverts and extroverts. Arbetter, S. // Current Health 2;Mar1991, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the characteristics of introverts and extroverts. How introverts and extroverts differ in school; Carl Jung's theory of personality types. INSET: Innies and outies (characteristics of introverts and....
- Standing on your own feet... ...not someone else's. // Current Health 1;Jan1991, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p18
Encourages young people to learn assertiveness. Difference between assertiveness and aggression. INSET: How assertive are you?;Making up your mind..
- You too can be a class act. Wallace, C. McD. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1990, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p208
Considers the finer points of class, an interior style of behavior. Quiet discretion; Loyalty; Elegant manners; Bad behavior of some well-known personalities. Includes Barbara Bush, Princess Di, Chris Evert and Katharine Hepburn as opposed to Imelda Marcos, Robin Givens and Leona Helmsley.
- The nature-nurture question: Will it ever be answered? Tavris, C. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1990, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p218
Presents an overview of the debate on the effects of genetics and environment on the personality. Personality traits; Is personality permanent; Heritability; Self-improvement versus self-acceptance.
- Taking risks in business: Are women getting the hang of it? Dumas, L. // Cosmopolitan;Jun91, Vol. 210 Issue 6, p228
Discusses the spectrum of risk-taking personalities, from the thrill seekers (extroverted, independent, self-confident, sometimes reckless) to those introverted, dependent, insecure individuals who are happiest in familiar, predictable situations. Determining our place on the continuum;...
- In the Know. // Faces (07491387);Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p7
Presents information about famous persons and things in Canada.
- How messy are you? Petrowski, E.M. // Good Housekeeping;Apr90, Vol. 210 Issue 4, p211
Presents a quiz to help determine how messy you are. Includes questions on closets, jewelry boxes, junk mail and more.
- Dr. Joyce Brothers on obsession. Brothers, Joyce // Good Housekeeping;Mar93, Vol. 216 Issue 3, p140
Discusses why people are fascinated with stories of obsessive behavior. Their tremendous appeal; Envy-based obsession; What extreme jealousy demonstrates in a person; Obsessive thoughts behind pathological jealousy.