White woman convicted of raping 10-year-old black boy
- An abusive survey on abuse. Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/22/93, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p42
Discusses a federally funded study on date rape from Carleton University sociologists Walter DeKeseredy and Katherine Kelly. Study purporting to show that four out of five female university students had been assaulted by males they had dated in the past year; Questionable physical and...
- Saying is believing. Brunet, Robin // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/13/93, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p50
Considers the difficulties in determining what percentage of sexual assault allegations are false. Example of an unidentified 12-year-old from the Vancouver suburb of Surrey who told police she had been gang raped by three thugs; Her admission that the story was a lie; Contention that...
- Thinking about rape. van den Haag, E. // American Spectator;Apr92, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p56
Examines the increase in reported incidents of rape. The difficulties in a court trial of alleged rape; `Stranger rape' and `acquaintance rape'; Some of the reasons for rape, such as rejection, pornography and an infantile refusal to acknowledge reality; The loosening of sexual mores.
- Regarding daughters and sisters. Kass, L.R. // Commentary;Apr92, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p29
Examines the crime of rape and what should be the punishment therefore, using the biblical story of the rape of Dinah, daughter of Jacob and Leah, in the book of Genesis. Quotes from Roman law and English common law; Changing attitudes due to the `sexual revolution'; Need for education and...
- The 30 year rape. Austin, D.J. // Essence (Essence);Jan1991, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p58
Details the emotional problems and responses that plagued the author after she was raped when she was 12. Adolescence; Community reaction to rape; Therapy; Mental problems.
- In the matter of rape. Gillespie, M.A. // Essence (Essence);Jan1992, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p60
Explores the silence behind the issue of rape in the black community. Causes for the silence; How it reflects the way women are valued and devalued in the black community; Failure of society to acknowledge the needs and rights of victims; Emotional trauma of rape.
- Reports received. // Federal Probation;Sep94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p72
Reviews the report `The Criminal Justice and Community Response to Rape,' issued by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice.
- Should competence be coerced? Reamer, F.G.; Kelley, M.J. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p30
Presents a case study and commentary on a rape suspect who has been advised by his attorney to discontinue taking antipsychotic medicine. Right of patient to refuse treatment; State's interest in resolving a criminal matter.
- Jurors say rape victim asked for her assault. // Jet;10/23/89, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the acquittal of a rape defendant in a Fort Lauderdale, Florida case, because, jurors said, of the provocative way the rape victim was dressed, which implied she `was advertising for sex.'
- Rape is on the rise nationwide new federal crime survey reveals. // Jet;5/11/92, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p14
Reports on a government study which found that rape is on the increase. Higher numbers than in other studies; Ages at which women were attacked; How study was conducted; Possible reasons for higher numbers; Other findings.