Right behind you, Scarlett!
- America Calling. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;2/21/2010, p1
A photograph depicting a U.S. soldier is presented.
- Black leaders vs. Desert Storm. Puddington, A. // Commentary;May91, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the complaint that black men and women were disproportionately represented among the troops assigned to Operation Desert Storm. Thirteen percent of population but twenty five percent of total force; Argument made by black leaders; Role of Congressional Black Caucus; Role of General...
- To see your child being born is to know the meaning of yucky! Van Tassel, A.J.; Romano, C. // Cosmopolitan;Jul89, Vol. 207 Issue 1, p96
Gives a woman's account in journal format of her experiences at Air Force basic training. Rules and regulations; Physical conditioning; Gain of self-confidence.
- Women know how to fight. Westheimer, R. // Cosmopolitan;Jun90, Vol. 208 Issue 6, p72
Argues that women should be allowed to fight in wars. Women demanding equal rights deserve equal responsibilities.
- Should women be allowed in combat? // Current Events;3/2/90, Vol. 89 Issue 20, p2a
Examines the arguments for and against allowing women in military combat. Tells how the recent US invasion of Panama increased public awareness of the controversy. Importance of women in the US Armed Forces; Questions about physical strength, aggressiveness, fairness, and the character of...
- Frank facts about joining the military. Reider, E.; Holland, L. // Good Housekeeping;Aug90, Vol. 211 Issue 2, p177
Discusses information about joining the military. Enlistment options; Job training; Signing up.
- Advice for refuseniks. // Harper's Bazaar;Jan89, Issue 3325, p23
Reports on the pamphlet, `Soldiers' Guidelines No. 2,' currently being distributed to Israeli reservists by the peace group Yesh Gvul. Outlines practical steps military objectors can take; Information on penalties and military prisons; Reaction of Israeli government.
- Blood and body bags. // New Scientist;1/18/92, Vol. 133 Issue 1804, p15
Reports that all American soldiers will have blood samples on file so that their bodies can be identified by genetic tests. What the gene bank will contain; Samples will be destroyed when the person leaves the forces; Number of samples that the bank will contain.
- The perfect fodfighter. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar96, Issue 520, p31
Focuses on fodfighters. Intelligence level; Equipment; Job responsibilities.
- Hawks and dodgers. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;11/5/86, Vol. 103 Issue 38, p991
Discusses the controversy surrounding the exemptions of certain popular men from service in the Vietnam War. Exemptions made for seminary students.