Hearns wins 6th title by beating Virgil Hill
Tags: HEARNS, Thomas, 1958-
- Hearns calls soldiers `the real fighters' after trip to Gulf. // Jet;12/17/90, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p47
Recounts world boxing champion Thomas Hearns' ten day visit with US troops in Saudi Arabia, whom he called `the real fighters.'
- Thomas Hearns splits with Emanuel Steward. // Jet;10/1/90, Vol. 78 Issue 25, p50
Comments on the split between boxing champ Thomas Hearns and his longtime manager, Emanuel Steward. Hearns's new manager; Comments by Hearns.
- Iran Barkley stops Hearns again to win second world title. // Jet;4/6/92, Vol. 81 Issue 24, p51
Recounts the boxing rematch between Thomas `Hit Man' Hearns and underdog Iran Barkley, which Barkley won for second time to take the WBA Light Heavyweight title. Barkley's strategy; Barkley's comments; Hearn's comments.
- Winning form. // Jet;10/16/95, Vol. 88 Issue 23, p47
Presents a photograph of world champion boxer Thomas Hearns after he defeated Earl Butler in a cruiserweight bout at the Palace in Auburn Hill, Mississippi.
- Boxer Thomas `Hitman' Hearns sues companies for using his nickname. // Jet;
Reports that Thomas `Hitman' Hearns, former boxing champion, filed a lawsuit which accused five companies of using his nickname to sell products related to boxing without his permission. Number of championships won by Hearns; Names of the companies being sued.
- THOMAS HEARNS. // Great Athletes (Salem Press);2001, p1052
Profiles boxer Thomas Hearns.
- Blow by Blow. Putnam, Pat // Sports Illustrated;9/20/2010, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p88
An excerpt is presented from an article on a world championship boxing match between Ray "Sugar Ray" Leonard and Thomas Hearns published in the September 28, 2010 issue.
- Sugar Should Frost Him Thomas Hearns is an imposing physical presence, but in the showdown fight for the welterweight title, he'll find Sugar Ray Leonard too quick and too good. Putnam, Pat // Sports Illustrated;09/14/1981, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p32
The author presents his views on the welterweight boxing title fight between Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hearns which will be held at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 16, 1981. It is predicted that Leonard, as a superior fighter will win over Hearns, who is considered a pure...
- LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON. // Jet;10/25/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p50
Reports on the success of boxer Ronald Hearns against Darren Foss in their middleweight bout at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. History of boxing in the Hearns family, as his father Thomas Hearns was also a boxer.