- Sneezeless landscaping. Damsker, Matt // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul/Aug92, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p20
Looks at what the American Lung Association of California is doing about hay fever and it's causes. What the ALA pamphlet suggests; List of best and worst plants; The symptoms they produce; How to examine plants for allergy provoking pollen; How to order the pamphlet; Details.
- Neurogenic switching: a hypothesis for a mechanism for shifting the site of inflammation in allergy and chemical sensitivity Meggs, William J. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan1995, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p54
No abstract available.
- Sneezing season. Greenwald, Marilyn // Boys' Life;Sep93, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p18
Investigates the causes of allergies. The number of Americans who have allergies; Pollen or dust allergies; Food allergies; Inherited allergies; What allergens are; How to treat allergies.
- Breath easier with allergy medicines. // Current Health 1;Jan1990, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p14
Discusses what allergies are, what causes them, and how to treat them.
- Allergic reactions. Jabs, C. // Country Living;Jun91, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p148
Discusses the common allergies caused by cats. Symptoms; Preventive treatment; How to keep your pets, despite allergic reactions; Help available from allergists.
- Allergic to everything. Lanier, Bob // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p110
Presents a medical case about a patient illustrating the association of allergic rhinitis and mental functioning. Medical history; Mental pathology being caused by pollution and allergy; Patients' dependence on physicians.
- Allergy alert: What to look for and how to cope. Christensen, Lynne // Cosmopolitan;Jul95, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p126
Focuses on allergies and how to cope with them. Description; Symptoms; Common allergens; Treatment; Genetic aspects.
- Environmental allergies. Scharabok, Ken // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p63
Focuses on the causes of environmental allergies. Chemicals and particles contained by some of the house equipment and furnitures; How sensitivity test is done; How airborne organic particles for homes with a central heating and air conditioning system can be reduced; How a house can be as...
- Food allergies: Real or imagined? What symptoms really mean. Berkowitz, Kathy Feld // Environmental Nutrition;Nov92, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1
Reports on how to determine whether food allergy experienced is real or imagined. Immune system; Food intolerance; `Pseudo-food allergy'; Skin prick test; Double-blind placebo-controlled challenge; Common food allergy; Symptoms. INSET: How to recognize an allergic reaction..
- A season for sneezin'. Festa, S. // Essence (Essence);Mar1990, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p24
Gives advice on ways to prevent or treat seasonal allergies, including drugs and holistic remedies.