Adlerian Play Therapy: Practical Considerations
- Teaching Kindness. Hutter, Sarah // Good Housekeeping;Aug99, Vol. 229 Issue 2, p80
Focuses on how to enhance a child's emotional intelligence. How to boost a child's emotional vocabulary; How to test the sensitivity of a child to the feelings of others; How to teach children self-discipline and time management techniques.
- Ideas that Work. Dinkmeyer, Don; Nelson, Anne // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Jun86, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p288
Focuses on the practical application of Adlerian psychology. Factors contributing to the promotion of interpersonal skills; Importance of group participation in a therapy session; Use of early recollection in children's group therapy.
- It Isn't Fair. Bullard, Maurice L. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Jun85, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p255
Comments on the use of Adlerian concept of equality in children. Unfairness of the application of approach into innocent children; Examination of the real purpose of behavior; Suggestions for parents in implementing the corrective action.
- The Creative Self in Adlerian Psychology. Edgar, Thomas E. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Sep85, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p336
Assesses the metaphysics of individual psychology. Concept of creative self in Adlerian psychology; Heredity and environmental conditions influencing child behavior; Decision-making ability of the individual.
- A Review of the Professional Literature Concerning the Consistency of the Definition and Application of Adlerian Encouragement. Carns, Michael R.; Carns, Ann W. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring98, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p72
Discusses studies about encouragement, one of the essential constructs of Adlerian psychology. Inclusion of the view of encouragement as the most important technique in behavior change; Study of encouragement versus praise in improving the production of the mentally retarded; Alfred Adler's...
- Cognitive and Emotional Aspects of Gender Attitudes in Children Age Three to Seven. Kagan, V.E. // Russian Education & Society;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p52
The gender aspects of childhood are attracting increasing attention on the part of psychologists. Analysis of the discussion that followed the publication of E. Maccoby's and C. Jacklin's monograph shows that the dichotomy between the biological and social components has become obsolete....
- Adlerian Counseling and the Early Recollections of Children. Statton, Jane Ellis; Wilborn, Bobbie // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Sep91, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p338
Evaluates changes in the early recollections of children in Adlerian counseling. Comparison of the result with children not in counseling; Creation of clinical utility of the early recollections of children; Utilization of a Manaster-Perryman Manifest Content Early Recollection Scoring Manual.
- Comparison of Content in Created Versus Actual Early Recollections. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Sep91, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p348
Compares the content in created versus actual early recollections in children based on the Adlerian concept of early recollections (ER). Definition of ER as an idiographic approach to assessment; Role of memory in enhancing ER in children; Use of memory to assess and evaluate level of ER in...
- Early Recollections As a Diagnostic Technique with Primary Age Children. Borden, Barbara L. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Sep82, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p207
Examines the use of early recollections as a diagnostic technique with primary age children. Essential means of revealing a person's life style; Utilization of early recollections in Adlerian therapy with adults and adolescents; Limitation of the use of early recollections with children.