Blinders for Iraq's defenses
- Letting off STEAM at the range. Yager, Jordy // Hill;4/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p21
The article offers information on the Army's second annual Weapons Day, an event which visitors are allowed to familiarize various military weapons in the U.S.
- New ceramic armor protects crews on peacekeeping flights. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/17/95, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p42
Informs about a quick-action experimental program made for the US Air Force C-141 transports flying into Bosnia, which consists of a lightweight, ceramic-composite crew-protection armor. Details on the same; Need for the protection.
- US troops to Somalia. // Christian Science Monitor;1/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 33, p20
Reports on the decision of the United States to send troops to Somalia.
- Untitled. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 186, p2
Presents a picture of US servicemen cleaning guns on August 19, 1995, the second day of military maneuvers with Jordanian soldiers in Qatrama near Amman.
- Eight ships carrying US weapons have arrived in the Gulf. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/95, Vol. 87 Issue 192, p2
Informs about arrival of eight US warships in Persian Gulf following tension over Iraq.
- Cozy US-Japan ties feel like a noose to China. Platt, Kevin // Christian Science Monitor;6/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 141, p6
Reports that China's military strategists closely monitor every move made by the United States (U.S.) in the Far East. Reaction of the Chinese military strategists to the military agreement between the U.S. and Japan; Information on the relationship between the U.S. and China.
- Exit the Balkans pronto. Carpenter, Ted Galen // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p9
Editorial. Suggests that United States President George W. Bush should withdraw United States troops from the Balkans as soon as possible.
- War talk. // Current Events;11/30/90, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p1
Discusses President George Bush's decision to increase US troop strength in the Persian Gulf. Examines the constitutional debate over the President's authority to declare war. Article 1, section 8 of the US Constitution; Gulf of Tonkin Resolution; War Powers Act of 1973; Congress' power to...
- Somalia and operation restore hope. Brannon, James R.; Lowrey, Vernon // Engineer;Apr93, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p22
Presents lessons learned from experiences of the US Army, Navy, Air Force and coalition forces in Somalia. Discussion of different issues and recommendations including the limited availability of Class IV construction materials in Somalia; Requirement for US and UN member military forces to...
- Speaking on the Gulf crisis. Chavis Jr., B.F. // Essence (Essence);Jan1991, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p100
Opinion. Calls for questions from African-Americans about the need for United States military buildup and involvement in the Persian Gulf. The author claims African-Americans are disproportionately deployed on the front lines of the Persian Gulf.