Standing on your own feet... ...not someone else's
- Introverts and extroverts. Arbetter, S. // Current Health 2;Mar1991, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the characteristics of introverts and extroverts. How introverts and extroverts differ in school; Carl Jung's theory of personality types. INSET: Innies and outies (characteristics of introverts and....
- 61 ways to make yourself more interesting. Cook, Kevin // Men's Health;Nov96, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p122
Presents tips on how to make one's self more interesting to women. Getting a fascinating job; Displaying style; Having an irrational hobby; Going on an adventure; Conversational gambits; Being a father.
- Risks of the Type A personality. // Psychology Today;Feb87, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p42
New research indicates the Type A individual, a competitive, driven, hostile, harried and hurried person, may not be as likely to succumb to heart disease as previously thought. INSET: Report of major studies of Type A personality and heart disease..
- Scouting the frontiers of personality assessment. Mauro, James; O.L. // Psychology Today;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p46
Recounts the author's experience of undergoing Mt. Sinai's battery of diagnostic tests (described in this issue of `Psychology Today'). The biological, psychophysiological and neurological tests that were performed; Findings; Future implications of the research; The suggestion of a chemical...
- The toughest out in Norwalk. Cavanaugh, Jack // Yankee;Oct97, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p30
Profiles former ballplayer at the Honeyhill School Little League field in Norwalk, Connecticut. What was recognised as the his strongest characteristics; Description of his personality; Information on Maurice.
- Balloon juice. del Cecato, John // Hill;10/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 124, p17
In this article the author discusses the recklessness brought about by non-politics and political personality which create damage to the U.S.
- Getting personal: Daily newspaper adoption of personal advertisements. Merskin, Debra // Newspaper Research Journal;Summer1995, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p75
Studies the adoption of voice mail personal advertisements in daily newspapers in response to declining revenues in classified advertising categories in the United States. Characteristics of personal sections and criteria imposed on advertisers; Impact of voice mail personal advertisements on...
- Futile attraction. Cimons, M. // Runner's World;Jul88, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p38
Discusses the Type A runner who has Type A personality-- aggressive, competitive, ambitious, envious and impatient. Type A personality defined 14 years ago in book by Meyer Friedman, MD and Ray H. Rosenman, MD entitled `Type A Behavior and Your Heart'; Type A runner fails to enjoy running;...
- Blame mother nature, not mom. Arnold, T. // Redbook;Nov91, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p147
Summarizes research on temperament done by Stella Chess, M.D., over the past 30 years. She finds that intensity is one of nine personality traits babies are born with, and that the roots of temper are genetic.