Community partnership development in a rural southern county: A case study in African-American
- Don't take no for an answer. Baskerville, Dawn M. // Black Enterprise;Nov93, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p42
Offers advice on creating more positive networking encounters. Assessing your skills; Tailoring your goals to the situation; Discussion of why some people avoid networking; More.
- Black Nurses Assn. saluted with fete on Capitol Hill. // Jet;2/25/91, Vol. 79 Issue 19, p25
Reports on a celebration honoring the National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) held on Capitol Hill by members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC).
- Organization formed to combat information apartheid. // Black Collegian;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
Announces the formation of the African American Library and Information Science Association (AALISA). Result of electronic mail conferencing among African-American librarians; Empowering the African world community through information; Addressing the issues of under-representation and other...
- Panther mania. Tyehimba, Cheo // Essence (Essence);Feb95, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p108
Provides a retrospective of the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense (BPP) in Oakland, California. Founding of the group in 1966; Achievements; Threat to the internal security of the United States; Comeback of group in neighborhood streets; Protection against criminal activity.
- Graffiti. Clarke, Sherrill D.; Washington-Harris, Melissa // Essence (Essence);May95, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p287
Reports on developments related to Afro-American organizations for the month of May 1995. March of Dimes WalkAmerica; Mothers March Against AIDS; African-American Health Education and Development Foundation (AHEAD); Trip to Alaska; Kente scarf by Maye Group Incorporated.
- Radical chic. Howard, Lucy; Hamilton, Kendall // Newsweek;11/14/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 20, p6
Says that several new projects are publicizing the radical group, the Black Panthers. Conference in Los Angeles, run by Gary Phillips; Actor Mario Van Peebles, now filming `Panther'; Planned exhibition of Panther memorabilia at the Oakland Museum.
- Local chapter of National Black Nurses organizes festive gathering. James, Robin // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;3/28/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 35, p3
The article discusses the Minnesota Black Nurses Association's first annual gala held at the Crown Plaza hotel in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota on March 9, 2013.
- Ethnic minority society recognizes 25 years of cultural diversity. Coleman Jr., Hurley J. // Parks & Recreation;Jun96, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the National Recreation and Parks Ethnic Minority Society (NRPEMS) and other industry organizations featuring Afro-Americans. Ernest T. Atwell and James Madison as the forces behind the change in the deliver of public recreation field...
- Ghanaian group planning cruise on the Hudson. // New York Amsterdam News;8/19/95, Vol. 86 Issue 33, p36
Announces plans of the Kwahuman Association of New York to sponsor a nighttime cruise on the Hudson River. Date and time of cruise; Contact information.