7 tricks of the financing trade
- A Helping Hand. Shanoff, Barry // Waste Age;Feb2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p26
Offers a scenario which demonstrates that making loans with strict terms is another way that waste industry executives can help out family members or friends. Reason behind the dismissal of a nephew named Andrew; Overview of the loan agreement between Eugene D., owner of a waste hauling firm,...
- When to charge variable rates. Skumatz, Lisa A. // World Wastes;Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the growing popularity of variable rate programs among rural solid waste operations. Benefits of variable rates programs; Problems commonly faced by rural communities; Concerns about rate setting; Types of rural variable-rate programs.
- CIWMB Provides Loans to Kent County Waste Dept. // Solid Waste Report;6/30/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the zero-interest loans provided by the California Integrated Waste Management Board to the Kern County Waste Management Department to help in the payment for the proper closure of two inactive landfills in the county.
- Statutory Instruments. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Nov91, Vol. 108 Issue 1179, p45
Discusses statutory instruments relating to building societies, companies and waste in Great Britain, recent as of 1991. Assimilation in two ways the law relating to the accounts of building societies with that relating to company accounts; Amendment of the 1985 Companies Act allowing the...
- Allied Waste Reprices, TLB Slips In Secondary. // Bank Loan Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the repricing of the term loan of Allied Waste Industries Inc., a solid waste hauler based in Scottsdale, Arizona. As the company seeks to lower the interest margin on its term loan, its term loan B slipped off and hit the market with a $1.77 billion repricing deal. The...
- WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p32
A list of the top waste management companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Republic Services, Evergreen Recycling and Industrial Waste Utilization.
- Buyers beware when spec'ing truck replacement parts Sturgess, Steve // World Wastes;Aug1992, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p50
No abstract available.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the acquisition and contract developments of the landfill industry in the United States as of March 1997. Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s acquisition of the R&A Benedr Inc. landfill and collection operations; US Manufacturing Inc.'s acquisition of GDS Screens Inc.; $1.3 million...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Reports on contracts and distributors in the refuse disposal industry in the United States as of March 1997. Rader Resource Recovery Inc.'s contract from Reciclados Industriales de Mexico (RIMEX); Rust Environment and Infrastructure's $8 million; Mid-Atlantic Plastic Systems, Inc. appointed the...