Everest team raises ...300
- Evidence-based medicine designed to save physicians time, energy, FPs told. O'Reilly, Michael // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p1457
Comments on the move toward evidence-based medicine. Benefits from this trend; Examples of researches using this methodology.
- Research update. Cairney, Richard // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/21/98, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p1007
Presents an update on medical research as of April 1998. Details about visualizing ventricular fibrillation; The relationship between salt intake and the risk of death from all causes and from cardiovascular disease; Aggressive hamsters raised by United States scientists.
- LETTERS. Sackett, David L.; Detsky, Allan S.; Weitz, Jeffrey I. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p159
Comments on clinical research.
- A comparative study of two statistical models for the analysis of binary data from longitudinal studies Origasa, H.; Knoke, J. D. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jul1990, Vol. 87, p143
No abstract available.
- Mechanisms of general anesthesia Franks, N. P.; Lieb, W. R. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jul1990, Vol. 87, p199
No abstract available.
- Finally. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p10
Presents the author's opinion about the level of progress in the efforts of institutions and individuals in establishing Cleveland, Ohio, as a center of biomedical research. Details of the announcement of a 50-year research partnership between the Case Western Reserve University and the...
- Protecting `human guinea pigs.' // FDA Consumer;Dec86/Jan87, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p12
Failure to inform and protect human subjects who were being used without their knowledge in drug testing and medical experiments is not common today because of Institutional Review Boards. IRBs and the Nuremburg Code; Purpose of IRBs.
- Managing Changes During a Clinical Investigation, Part II. Donawa, Maria // Medical Device Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p24
Part II. Focuses on the European requirements for managing changes that may occur during a clinical investigation. Development of a standard operating procedure to help ensure consistent compliance; Features of the guidelines provided by the European Commission to manufacturers on reviewing...
- More Research Updates from the Medical Research Council. // Journal of Biological Education;Autumn95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p164
Reports that the Medical Research Council is launching three new `Research Updates' during the annual meeting of the Association for Science Education, in January 1995. Featuring of a particular area of medical research; Contact information.
- Quick reads. // Modern Medicine;Oct94, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p21
Reports on developments in medical research, as of October 1994. Includes the likelihood of myocardial infarctions occurring on Monday morning among persons who work; Risk of death among patients with a variable heart rate; Dehydration as one of the ten most common reasons that Medicare patients...