- Status sells pens. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct96, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p64
Presents various pens for men and women. Includes Parker's Dufold line; Gemini pen line from Colibri; Handcrafted pens from Montegrappa.
- Perfect penmanship. // Esquire;Jul88, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p73
Discusses the history of the fountain pen and its growing popularity. How the pen looks, feels in the hand and the size and composition of nib are important elements to consider before purchasing.
- The write stuff. Lander, D. // Popular Mechanics;May88, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p75
A symbol of lasting value, the fountain pen is a classic hand tool--designed and built to be used time and time again. In an age of impersonal computer printouts, the fountain pen is reasserting its technological sophistication and distinctive individuality.
- Gift pens. // Consumer Reports;Nov91, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p712
Presents an extensive report on gift pens after `Consumer Reports' tested them. Fountain pens; Ball point and roller-ball pens; Montblanc Meisterstuck 146M; Sheaffer 1001X-0; Pelikan Pelikano; Cross 2502; Other pens; The inkwell; Use and abuse; Recommendations; Top-rated models; Ratings. ...
- Waterman and Parker pens...functional works of art. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;12/4/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p36
Introduces the Parker Snake fountain pen and the Waterman Hemisphere collection of pens. Details on the pens; Description of the pens; Comments from Gerald Gomez Musa, writing instrument manager at Gillette de Puerto Rico.
- Mightier than the ballpoint. Calonius, E. // Newsweek;7/3/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p63
Talks about the recent popularity of the fountain pen and its emergence as a symbol of prestige. Styles; Drawbacks.
- Green pens. Alderman, L. // Money;May92, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p40
Describes a line of environmentally friendly pens from Recife, of Paris. Materials; Donated sales proceeds; Where to find the pens.
- This week's sign that the Apocalypse is upon us. Wolff, Alexander; Stone, Christian // Sports Illustrated;8/7/95, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the DNA pen introduced by a Malibu, Florida-based company as a means of stopping autograph counterfeiters.
- Pens ultimate. R.F. // Town & Country;Dec95, Vol. 149 Issue 5187, p38
Discusses several pen offerings. Includes that of A.T. Cross; Bulgari; George Jensen.