Get ready for euro now, Heseltine warns retailers
- Industry warned to shape up or lose out in Europe. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p1
Reports on a warning to the furniture industry in Great Britain that it would face hardships if manufacturers fail to embrace Europe and the single European currency.
- Open for business. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p8
Discusses the implication of European Union (EU) membership on the British furniture industry. EU member countries that have experienced a surge in furniture demand; Opportunities offered by the EU to furniture businesses; Benefits of EU association on industry exports and imports.
- Beyond 2000. Field, Christopher // Cabinet Maker;05/29/98, Issue 5090, p14
Discusses the need for furniture retailers to upgrade their systems in preparation for the Year 2000 and the European Monetary Union. High technology options; Low technology changes needed; Internet use.
- A Yankee recipe for a EuroFed omelet. Graboyes, Robert F. // Economic Review (00946893);Jul/Aug90, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p18
Presents an American model suggesting a way to stabilize the European Monetary Union by disengaging it from everyday politics. District lines; Decentralization; National political coalitions.
- European monetary union status uncertain, says German Banker. // Economic Review (07321813);Jan-Mar97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the implementations of the European Monetary Union (EMU). Importance of the concept of convergence among all potential members of the European Monetary Union; Comparisons of the planned EMU with the United States; How continental Europe is experiencing a substantial decoupling of tax...
- Decision time for the European Monetary Union. Whitt Jr., Joseph A. // Economic Review (07321813);1997 3rd Quarter, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p20
Examines the economic and political factors that will determine whether the European Monetary Union will proceed as scheduled. Timetable for the monetary union; Convergence criteria used in determining which country are ready to join; Market-based probabilities of monetary union.
- European Monetary Union: Evidence from Structural VARs. Whitt Jr., Joseph A. // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Mar1995, Vol. 1995 Issue 1, preceding page p1
Examines the historical pattern of aggregate demand and supply shocks in several European Monetary System countries in order to assess the desirability of monetary union. Use of structural vector autoregressive models (VARs) to estimate the fundamental demand and supply shocks; Results...
- Old world, new ideas. Tannenbaum, Carl R. // Secured Lender;May/Jun98, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p78
Focuses on European and Monetary Union (EMU) efforts to enforce an evolution from the nationalist structure that has prevailed for countries towards a more unified continent with reference to the establishment of a common currency, called the euro. Information on the euro; When the...
- The exchange rate mechanism's role in the European Monetary System. Hamwi, I.S.; Niroomand, F. // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p212
Focuses on the role of exchange rate mechanism n the European Community monetary supply. Creation of the European Monetary System (EMS) to restore stability of European exchange rates; Elements of the EMS.