Banking on the cup
- Rocket helps launch Thomsons winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p5
Reports on Scottish retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's recruitment of heavyweight Gladiator Rocket to help it launch its winter sale. Rocket's tour at Dunfermline superstore.
- Winning ideas generate publicity. // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p33
Focuses on the promotions of Dunfermline, Scotland-based Thomsons World of Furniture that generate publicity. Giving of 5,000 pounds worth of G Plan furniture to mark the company's new ranges; Presentation of five Regatta Posturepedic beds to winners of a local newspaper competition.
- March reopening for store. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p2
Reports on the possible delay in the reopening of Thomsons World of Furniture's store in Dundee, Scotland, after a fire damaged the property on December 21, 2001.
- Comfortable expansion. // Cabinet Maker;10/09/98, Issue 5109, p2
Reports that retailer Thomsons World of Furniture has completed its store expansion. Creation of jobs; Types of furniture added to the store's lineup.
- Thomsons to honour consumer orders. // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p3
Highlights the plan of Thomsons World of Furniture to honor the orders of consumers of the bankrupt Scottish chain, Furniture First.
- A comfortable win for Scotland. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p33
Features Mary Ellen Miller and Richard Grieve, winners of the Stratolounger reclining armchair from Thomsons World of Furniture as part of its 1998 World Cup promotion. Description.
- Thomsons to reopen. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p5
Announces the decision of Thomsons World of Furniture to reopen its store located in Dundee, Scotland. Reason for the forced closure of the store; Size of the store.
- New credit firm for Thomsons WoF. // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p6
Announces Scotland-based furniture retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's decision to switch consumer credit provider to Northern Ireland-based Open+Direct.