Premium win is beneficial for Harveys' managers
- OUR FOOTLOOSE CORRESPONDENTS. // New Yorker;4/23/1966, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p169
Focuses on the interruption of the showing of the movie "Thunderball" by 30 police and detectives while searching for a man who had robbed Beneficial Mutual Savings Bank in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the decision of Helen White to become a critic instead of a creative writer despite her...
- Beneficial Savings Awards $150,000 to Area Students. // Community Banker;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on an educational assistance program given by Beneficial Savings Bank to high school seniors to further their college education. Number of high school seniors in Pennsylvania and New Jersey who received financial aid from the bank; Requirements for students who want to...
- Beneficial Savings Buys Philly Agency. // American Banker;1/25/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 16, p8
Reports that Beneficial Savings Bank announced the purchase by its subsidiary, Beneficial Insurance Services, of the Philadelphia insurance brokerage Paul Hertel & Co. Additional products to be offered by Beneficial Insurance following the purchase; Details of the sale.
- Charmed: Banks Started by Irish Immigrants Continue to Thrive. Feig, Nancy // Community Banker;Mar2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p74
The article features several Irish-American community banks established in the U.S. following the Irish emigration in the late 1840s. They include Ulster Savings Bank, Emigrant Bank, and Beneficial Mutual Savings Banks.
- The COMPAC Honor Roll. // Community Banker;Jul2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p18
Presents a list of America's Community Bankers (ACB) members and associate members who made voluntary contributions to COMPAC, the political action committee of ACB, during the first five months of 2005. Bank Mutual in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Sterling Savings Bank in Spokane, Washington;...
- Branching Costs Convert M&A Holdout. Osuri, Laura Thompson // American Banker;8/18/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 159, p1
Discusses the growth strategy of Beneficial Savings Bank. Consideration of the thrift's acquisition of Northwood Savings Bank in July 2005; Terms of the deal; Analysis of Beneficial's branching strategy; Brief profile of Beneficial.
- Beneficial Deal For Agency 1st In Growth Plan? Gottlieb, Jenna // American Banker;1/27/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 18, p5
Announces Beneficial Savings Bank purchased the Philadelphia brokerage firm, Paul Hertel & Co., as part of its growth strategy. Comments of Beneficial Chief Executive Officer George Nise about expansion plans in banking and wealth management; The subsidiary that will absorb the acquisition,...