Shop to the beat
- Changing rooms: not for us, say 25%. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p2
Highlights the 'cm Business Trends Survey,' which found that more than a quarter of furniture retailers in Great Britain only change their in-store displays six times a year.
- Let your customers buy the vision and reap the profits. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2002, Issue 5318, p4
Provides tips in displaying furniture in retail stores. Importance of leaving enough space in furniture; Effects of breaking the display into realistic setting; Drawbacks of a crammed display area.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;08/07/98, Issue 5100, p6
Answers questions related to furniture merchandising. Enforcing a `sold as seen' policy at the furniture store; Dealing with suppliers who fail to meet the agreed delivery time and with unsatisfied consumers.
- UK appearance. // Cabinet Maker;11/24/2000, Issue 5215, p2
Announces the launch of Appear of Scandinavia home office furniture firm in Great Britain. Display of furniture at Harrods stores; Preference of Appear for independent retailers; Product line and contact information.
- Domino displays in store. // Cabinet Maker;4/26/2002, Issue 5284, p2
Reports the display of Domino bedroom furniture range in retail stores. Integration of wooden panels on the fronts; Availability of interior lighting in the wardrobes; Provision of optional glass panels on bedstead headboards.
- The downside of all that 'exclusive' product. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;7/29/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p12
Comments on furniture industry and trade-related issues in the U.S. Recollection of the management style of the late Smith Young of Lexington; Proliferation of exclusively-sold products; Redundancy of merchandise.
- Battle of the summer shows. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2003, Issue 5351, p3
Comments on the importance of summer shows in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Recognition of furniture products in the fashion industry; Competition with trade exhibitions; Type of product launching.
- A Home in the Country for Worker. // Architectural Digest;Oct2004, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p94
Features the Corner House Antiques, a showroom and business trade in Sheffield, Massachusetts. Products; Proprietors; Address.
- Broyhill opens two galleries. // Furniture/Today;8/8/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the opening of two galleries by full-line manufacturer and importer Broyhill in North Carolina and Florida. Remodeling made to the former Service Merchandise building to transform it into a gallery; Founders of the Broyhill; Other planned store openings of the company.