How posting your products can deliver good fortune to your company
- Good times start at the mailbox. Rennicke, Jeff // Backpacker;Sep92, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p62
Presents a guide to hassle-free catalog shopping. Mail-order horror stories; The advantage to mail-order shopping; Amount of subscribers to `Backpacker' who ordered through the mail; Growth in the industry; Importance of dealing with a reputable company; Using up-to-date catalogs; Being...
- Laying the groundwork. Chandoha, W. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p45
Offers tips on how to best use gardening catalogues. Types of information provided; Specialized catalogues to check for specific needs; Various features of the catalogues. INSET: Catalogs to order..
- Direct mail and fulfillment firms. Kaufman, Lauren // Fairfield County Business Journal;09/14/98, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p8
Lists the largest direct mail and fulfillment companies in Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York. Number of clients; Services offered; Includes Custom Data Systems Inc.; King Lithographers and Mailer; Speedy Mail Inc.
- DIRECT MAIL COMPANIES. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2008 Supplement, Vol. 54 Issue 68, p19
The article lists the direct mail companies in New York including Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc., Welcome Wagon, and PCI Group Inc.
- Importing Asian brides. // Mother Jones;Feb86, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p34
Importing Asian brides by mail order to mostly white American grooms has within the last 5 years become a multi-million-dollar-a-year industry. Conservative men concerned about a shortage of US women willing to be tradition homemakers, marry exploited Third World women fleeing from poverty.
- Buy something, or else. // Marketing News;11/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1
Reports that mail order companies are examining their customer lists carefully before sending out increasingly expensive catalogs.
- Top tips of the week. // PHC Profit Report;4/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p3
Emphasizes the importance of a quality mailing lists for companies using direct mail marketing.
- Mail-order mantels. Abramson, P.; Butler, M. // Popular Science;Dec87, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p80
There are several ways to spruce up your fireplace. You can order a custom mantel by mail or buy a facing kit from a prefab maker. Either way, you install the components yourself.
- The mail-order business in Texas. // Texas Monthly;Oct85, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p138
The mail-order business in Texas has grown into a $555 million enterprise, due partly to wise shoppers who avoid crowded streets and malls, and buy by mail. Mail order food is not cheap, and some companies have only limited supply, so order early. The favorite gift choices are sweets, meats,...
- Return to sender. Anderson, J. // Texas Monthly;Jan91, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p69
Reports on the Dallas-based cataloger Horchow Mail Order, which Neiman Marcus purchased in 1988 for $119 million from its founder Roger Horchow. Catalog lost $28 million within two years; Factors that caused losses both internal and external.