Growing UK sales help push Courts' profits up
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p2
Informs on activities sponsored by British retailer Courts on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.
- Outside credit finance. // Credit Management;Aug97, p15
Reports on the launching of a retail financing package offered by Courts, a household furnishings and electrical company in Great Britain. Initial credit facilities in 15 stores selling electrical products; Expansion plans in 1998; Number of local and overseas branches.
- Courts' pattern of long-term decline. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p8
Presents a graph showing the business decline of British retailer Courts since July 1999.
- Blow for structural guarantees. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p3
Reports on the prospect of furniture retailers in Great Britain having to pay huge value-added-tax bills after a tribunal failed to rule in favor of Courts in the row over structural guarantees.
- Courts gets an image makeover. // In-Store Marketing;Jul2002, p5
Reports on the unveiling of a new brand identity in 2002 by furniture retailer Courts. Zones comprising its stores; Details of the revamp.
- Courts' new credit option. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p3
Reports on the decision of Courts to switch its retail credit business to Open + Direct in Great Britain.
- Talk. Clare, Mike // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p9
Focuses on the opinion of furniture industry executives about the business failure of Courts PLC in Great Britain. Competitiveness of retailers according to John Marshall, DP Furniture Express chairman; Cause of uncertainty for consumers according to Robert Lee, managing director of Lee...
- Courts collapse ends Â£20m pitch. Bold, Ben // Marketing (00253650);12/1/2004, p1
The article informs that Courts, the furniture retailer, has gone into administration, bringing a dramatic end to the review of its Â£ 20m advertising account. M&C Saatchi, HHCL Red Cell and Grey London were expected to pitch for the account in January after being shortlisted by marketing...
- BRANDING: Courts expands with new homeware label. Hamdi, Raini // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;5/16/2003, p10
Reports on the launch of the Cargo brand by hire-purchase furniture retailer Courts to capture a slice of Singapore's homeware retail market. Features of the Cargo brand; Comparison between the Cargo and IQ brand; Information on the exclusive designs sourced by Cargo from international brands.