School District Deficits Spur Sweeping Reform Proposals in Colorado
- Kansas Gets $500M Pension Bond Authorization in Under the Wire. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p1
The Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS) won authorization to sell 500 million of pension obligation bonds under one of the bills passed in the 2003 legislative session. The proposal for KPERS to sell its first pension bonds surfaced last year when plummeting investments and funding...
- Muni Bond Bills Still Hanging Around in California Legislature. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/9/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33128, p7
The article reports on the status of several bills on municipal bonds, which remained in the California State Legislature in 2009 in California. It states that one of the bills is the AB 1388, wherein the bill was passed to provide cities power to utilize bond sales, regardless of its value,...
- Arkansas Governor Signs Special Session's Tobacco, School Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32360, p34
The article reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has signed several bills that would allow the state to issue a second tranche of tobacco bonds and a measure that limits on bond indebtedness for school districts. One of the legislative bills would allow school districts to issue one-year...
- INDIANA: Mayoral School Rule Eyed. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33511, p9
The article reports on the bill passed by a group of influential members of Indianapolis' political and business community that could lead to mayoral control of the city's school system in Indiana in 2011.
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $39 Million, With More to Come. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p5
Reports on the marketing of general obligation bonds by Pittsburgh School District in Pennsylvania. Increase in education spending; Construction of elementary school; Removal of pyrite from the foundation of a high school building.
- School Successes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the approval of bond issues among the voters in two independent school districts in Houston, Texas.
- Good News in Hand, Cincinnati Schools to Sell Record $480M. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p30
Reports on the issuance of classroom facilities construction and improvement bonds by the Cincinnati City School District in Ohio. Schedule of the bond sale; Proceeds of the sale; Selection of Seasongood & Mayer as underwriter of the deal.