Florida Water Board Shoots for Feb. 7 to Set Rate Targets
- Florida Water Service's $500M Deal Gets Baa3 From Moody's. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p44
Reports on the rating of the Florida Water Service Authority's sale of utility system revenue bonds from Moody's Investors Service Inc. Corporate profile of Florida Water Service; Business strategies of Florida Water Service; Strategies applied in the rating of revenue bonds.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sigo, Shelly; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31592, p2
Presents several news briefs related to the U.S. bond market as of March 13, 2003. Speech by the Treasury Department's Secretary John Snow on annual membership meeting of the Bond Market Association in New York City; Withdrawal of ratings by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's...
- 2000's Loss Could Be 2001's Gain. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p1
Reports on the volume of bond sales in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2000. Impact of higher interest rates on the bond sector; Effects of surging economic growth and a soaring stock market in the U.S.; Projected bond sales in 2001.
- October Sees Huge Surge In Issuance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p1
Reports on the increase in long-term bond issuance in the U.S. Total amount of issuance as of October 2001; Influence of lower interest rate on the increase; Response of investors to the plan of the government to suspend 30-year bond issuance.
- Long-Term Volume Up. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p1
Reports on the increase of long-term bond volume sold in the municipal market for the first quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Result of low interest rates; Strength of refunding volume; Prospect of rising interest rates.
- Swaps in the Spotlight. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p1
Reports the interest-rate swap in one of the bond sales in New York City. Approval of the grant on certain type of deals; Discussion on th epower given to municipalities to sell variable-rate bond; Amendment on the local finance law.
- Midwest Issuance Up 8.3%, But Lags National Levels. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p32
Reports the increasing debt issuance in the U.S. Decline of the interest rates; Decrease of the refunding issues; Reduction of the borrowing levels of the municipalities.
- Under Cloud, Connecticut Hits Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the plan of the government in testing the market with general obligation bonds in Connecticut. Need of funds; Effect on the increase of interest rates; Sale of bonds for a variety of projects.
- N.Y.C. Pulls $850 Million Refunding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p1
Reports the postponement of marketing the general obligation refunding bond by the New York City officials. Growth of bond yields; Increase of the interest rates; Volatility of the economy.