Bay State Feels Crunch
- California Junior College's Big Bond Plans Linked to Bigger State Ballot Question. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p4
Focuses on the debt issuance of a general obligation bonds for capital projects in California. Approval of a state education bond measure; Reimbursement of junior colleges from state funds; Call for voter support of the state bond referendum.
- Michigan plans to issue $200 million of bonds to pay damages to school districts. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;08/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30201, p3
Reports on the plan of the state of Michigan to issue more than $200 million bonds to cover a state Supreme Court ruling ordering retroactive unfunded special educational payments to 84 school districts. Limiting of damages to the amount of underfunding for three school years.
- Nevada votes again in November on $10 million building aid. // Library Journal;6/15/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1176
Reports that Nevada voters are being asked to vote again in November 1984 on a bond issue that would initiate state funding for public library construction by means of bond issues providing up to $10 million.
- Pledge Upped For New York Schools Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p1
Reports the marketing of 465 million dollar in refinancing bonds by the New York State Dormitory in New York. Consequence by a decrease in annual building aid payments; Way to increase bondholder security; Mechanism allowing state comptroller to intercept state aid from school district.
- BONDS GOVERNMENT AND MUNICIPAL. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Sep68, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p8
Forecasts trends in bonds trading in the U.S. in September 1968. Duration of a predicted increase in bonds trading; Factors that contribute to a decline in credit demands; Impact of legislation for Federal financial assistance in the volume of tax-exempt offerings.
- Hospitals here would gain from bond sale. Brandler, Emily // Journal of Business (10756124);5/4/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the benefits that would be gained by hospitals in Spokane, Washington if the state approves a request by Seattle-based Providence Health & Services to issue $413 million in revenue bonds. Hospitals would acquire $46 million to assist construction projects, but the...
- NEW JERSEY: Jersey City Not Positive. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33366, p9
The article reports on the positive rating pf Fitch Ratings to Jersey City, New Jersey due to its state aid reduction, high fixed cost, and 2% property levy cap in 2010.
- Cost of BABs May Be Less Than Expected. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/5/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the anticipation of the federal government to recover through taxes most of the subsidies it gave on Build America Bonds (BAB) in the U.S. in 2010. It states that the budget for fiscal 2010 entails an anticipation of approximately 25%. The implicit anticipation implies...
- Strong UC System to Sell $364M, Though Cuts May Lie Ahead. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p30
The Regents of the University of California (UC) plan to competitively price 364.26 million dollars in revenue bonds on May 6, 2003 to finance the nine-campus system's ongoing need for student and faculty housing, parking facilities, health services, recreation and administrative facilities, and...