Fanning Reelected as NLUS National President; Sheila M. McNeill Elected Senior Vice President; Councils Gear Up for a Second Century of Service
- President Nominates Former Pentagon Official To Replace Young. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;9/8/2005, Vol. 227 Issue 48, p2
The article reports on the nomination of Dolores Etter, a Naval Academy professor and former deputy undersecretary of defense for science and technology, by U.S. President George W. Bush to replace John Young as the Navy's acquisition chief. It details the previous positions held by Etter. The...
- Bush exempts navy from sonar restrictions. // New Scientist;1/26/2008, Vol. 197 Issue 2640, p7
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has given the U.S. navy special dispensation to use sonar in training exercises off the southern California coast despite restrictions imposed by a district court judge to protect marine mammals. The navy considers mid-frequency sonars key...
- Senate Democratic leaders lash out at Bush Iraq policy. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;5/8/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 53, p6
The article reports on the move of U.S. Senate Democratic leaders to lash out the Iraq policy of President George Bush's administration due to the impact of the prolonged deployments of military officials on the state of Kansas of National Guard forces.
- US Ready For Action. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p1
Reports that the U.S. is gearing up for war, with or without international support. Comments from U.S. President George W. Bush which appear to increase the risks of what BMI has identified as a highly worrying scenario; Performance of the ISE-100 Share Index in Turkey.
- A Tale of Three Cities. Griffiths, Eldon // Orange County Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p55
Comments on U.S. president George W. Bush's trip to Europe, and presents the personal reminiscences of places visited by the author. Author's memories of Cracow, Saint Petersburg and Evian-les-Bains in France as a journalist; His view that Bush's penchant for referring to two halves of the...
- Bush's surprisingly good start. Sperling, Godfrey // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 35, p11
Commends United States president-elect George W. Bush on actions before his inauguration, and discusses the outlook for his presidential administration.
- Inside the White House, time itself is a'changin' Kiefer, Francine // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 41, p2
Discusses the punctuality of United States president George W. Bush as compared with the habits of former president Bill Clinton.
- Administration Releases Report on New Freedom Initiative. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p10
Details the accomplishments and progress of the New Freedom Administrative in the U.S. Plans of the U.S. President George W. Bush to reduce barriers on full community integration for poor people with disabilities; Goals of the agency; Introduction of a Web-based resource providing information...
- Bush Honors Welfare to Work Graduates. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. President George W. Bush to honor welfares to work graduates.