U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Promoting the U.S. flag merchant marine. Pollack, Gerald A. // Business Economics;Apr91, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on the failure of the United States government in promoting the US merchant marine. Background information; Tanker markets after oil shocks of 1970s; Admission of subsidized tankers into domestic market; Market conditions and outlook at time of rule; Reasons for subsidy repayment;...
- Neglected American heroes sink foes of veteran status. Hanson, Gayle M.B. // Insight on the News;05/05/97, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p21
Presents the fate of many United States Merchant Marines, their experiences during and after World War II in terms of honors and benefits as veterans. Merchant Mariners Fairness Act sponsored by texas Republican Representative Jack Fields; Reintroduction of the bill by Senate Majority leader...
- 'A Real Wake-Up Call' Little, Robert // Sea Power;May2002, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on the continuing decline of the U.S.-flag merchant marine fleet. Crisis in manpower faced by the U.S. Merchant Marine; Creation of the Merchant Marine Reserve; Importance of sealift on combat success.
- Birth of a sailsman. // Men's Health (10544836);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p40
Features six top nautical schools in the United States. Club Nautique in Alameda, Calif.; JWorld in Newport, R.I.; Modern Sailing Academy in Sausalito, Calif.; Annapolis Sailing School in Annapolis, Md; Offshore Sailing School in Fort Myers, Fla.; Chicago Sailing Club in Illinois.
- CORRECTION. // Sea Power;Jul2005, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p5
Presents a correction to the article on efforts to preserve Naval Training Center (NTC) San Diego, in the June 2005 issue of the periodical "Sea Power."
- Night School. Watson, Jim // All Hands;Jul2001, Issue 1011, p44
Features the Naval Training Center in Great Lakes, Illinois.
- BESS: Basic Enlisted Submarine School. Scott, Jhi L . // All Hands;Apr2010, Issue 1117, p12
The article provides information on the Basic Enlisted Submarine School (BESS) course curriculum and its importance to submariner's career in the U.S.
- NTC compromise is full of leaky holes. // San Diego Business Journal;4/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p46
Editorial. Focuses on the decision made by the Naval Training Center Reuse Committee which deals with the future of the naval facility in relation to compromises and the Lindbergh Field Airport. Effect of compromise on airport and economy; What San Diego Unified Port District sought; When City...
- Navy special events begin at NTC Great Lakes. Schoop, Sherri // Parks & Recreation;Dec95, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p46
Features the recreational events held at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center in North Chicago, Illinois. Features of the programs sponsored by the Great Lakes Polar Bear Club; Details of the events sponsored.