- HH-65A Dolphin. Poulsen, David // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p15
Features the HH-65A Dolphin helicopter used by the US Coast Guard Aviation. Features; Functions; Use in Rescue swimmer programs.
- HH-60J Jayhawk. Sparks, Tom // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p16
Features the HH-60J Jayhawk helicopter used by the US Coast Guard Aviation. Features; Functions; Use in Coast Guard Aviation operations.
- HH-65 Dolphin. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p190
Features the HH-65 Dolphin helicopter of the U.S. Coast Guard. Specifications of the helicopter; Length of the fuselage; Number of crew required.
- HH-68 Mako. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p190
Features the MH-68A Mako helicopter of the U.S. Coast Guard. Length of the fuselage; Power plant; Contractor of the helicopter.
- BORN READY. // Boys' Life;May2011, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p30
The article features the helicopter crew of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- U.S. Coast Guard changes course. North, David M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/7/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p46
Reports the shifts being initiated in the aviation assets of the US Coast Guard as a measure to accommodate its growing missions. Planned acquisition of Sikorsky HH-60 Js and its advantages; Mission changes; Other reallocation of assets.
- Coast Guard HITRON--A Model of Success. Cubanski III, Edward J. // Sea Power;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p39
Reports on the development of an armed Helicopter Interdiction Tactical Squadron (HITRON) by the U.S. Coast Guard to stop drug-running vessels. Capabilities of the squadron; Features of the an armed helicopters; Impact of the success of the HITRON operations on the morale of Coast Guard's men...
- Coast Guard Field Goal Yields 3 Points. Allen, Jay // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the landing of a United States Coast Guard HH-60J helicopter on Camp Pendleton in California. Difficulties of holding descent; Consequences of failing to check the helicopter's tail; Naval safety lessons; Damage the overtorque might have caused.
- Coast Guard Jayhawks `go long' offshore. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/16/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 25, p182
Spotlights the US Coast Guard Group Astoria's use of three Sikorsky HH-60J Jayhawk helicopters. The Jayhawk's multirole capability; The advantages of its large cabin, quick-fit forward looking infrared capability, and sophisticated avionics systems; The significant increases that have been made...