- CORRESPONDENCE. McCormick, Frank; Dye, Gary T.; Michalski, Paul; Mellberg, William F.; Connolly, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/28/2004, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p6
Presents letters to the editor related to the aviation industry in the U.S. Tax policies of the U.S. to aid the aerospace industry; Programs of the U.S. Coast Guard for sea control; Trouble faced by aircraft manufacturer Boeing Co. in marketing its 737 jet transport planes.
- COAST GUARD AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2006, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p136
The article looks at the features and functions of the United States Coast Guard. The HC-130 Hercules is a long-range search-and-logistics turboprop aircraft which can transport up to 86 passengers, 50,000 pounds of cargo and large quantities of rescue/survival and oil pollution-control...
- COAST GUARD AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p127
Features various aircrafts of the U.S. Coast Guard. Speed of the HC-130 Hercules; Range of the commercial Falcon 20 modified HU-25 medium-range search-and-rescue turbo-jet aircraft; Features of the HH-65 helicopter.
- U.S. Coast Guard Personnel on Active Duty. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p212
No abstract available.
- Hispanics and U.S. Coast Guard share experience. Cihelka, Carolyn // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1993, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the US Coast Guard's support for their counterparts in Hispanic nations of the Western Hemisphere. Mutual interoperability and cooperation in the full range of Coast Guard issues; Deployment of mobile training teams to train Hispanic groups in a particular mission; Conduct of joint...
- Global shipping monitor. Free, John; Church, Vernon // Popular Science;Aug92, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p39
States that the United States Coast Guard recently completed a major redesign of its Automated Mutual-Assistance Vessel Rescue System, or AMVER. Details on this computerized database, called AMVER II, which enables the Coast Guard to keep track of thousands of merchant ships that have agreed to...
- The United States Coast Guard is Currently Recruiting for a Senior Executive Position, Director of Financial Operations/Comptroller. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;2/16/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that the U.S. Coast Guard is hiring for the post of Senior Executive.
- Drugs and yachts: search and seizure. Barthold, C. // Yachting;Aug88, Vol. 175 Issue 2, p24
Discusses the US Coast Guard and Customs Service `zero tolerance' policy on drug possession aboard vessels. Search and seizure; Precautions; Cooperation; Fines.
- The Coast Guard pushes all the wrong buttons. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;3/23/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 82, p23
Presents the opinion of the author on the role and importance of the United States Coast Guard.