- HARBOR TUGS, SMALL. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p188
Features several small harbor tug boats of the U.S. Coast Guard. Displacement of the WTYL 65601 Capstan; Builders of the tug boats; Length of the WTYL 65615 Cleat.
- FROM OUR ARCHIVE. Bangs, John Kendrick // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2014, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p96
A photograph of the U.S. Coast Guard icebreaking tug named Wire that is taken in New York Harbor on January 28, 2004 is presented.
- Rules and Regulations: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/09/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 90, p27032
The article focuses on various notices issued by the U.S. Coast Guard regard the water and harbor safety zones. It mentions the notice of enforcement of regulation which was issued by the U.S. Coast Guard for the National Maritime Week Tugboat Races in Seattle, Washington. It tackles the...
- Olympia Harbor Days Tug Boat Races, Budd Inlet, WA. Ferguson, S. J. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/25/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 143, p43513
The article reports on the enforcement of a special local regulation for Olympia Harbor Days Tug Boat Races to be held at Budd Inlet Washington by the U.S. Guard. The regulation is made to restrict vessel movement within the race area immediately prior to, during, and immediately after the...
- Bonnie bounces back. Fabey, Michael // Traffic World;09/07/98, Vol. 255 Issue 10, p20
Recounts the damages caused by Hurricane Bonnie at the Hampton Roads area in Norfolk, Virginia. Rescue operations of tugs at the area; Comments from tug Captain Chris Hoffman; Role of the United States Coast Guards in closing down a shipping channel. INSET: Fooling the Coast Guard.
- National Maritime Week Tugboat Races, Seattle, WA. Ferguson, S. J. // Federal Register;4/18/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 75, p23120
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Coast Guard of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security with an intention to establish the Special Local Regulations to ensure safety of ships and spectators during the annual National Maritime Week Tugboat Races in Elliott Bay,...
- U.S. Coast Guard Personnel on Active Duty. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p212
No abstract available.
- Hispanics and U.S. Coast Guard share experience. Cihelka, Carolyn // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1993, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the US Coast Guard's support for their counterparts in Hispanic nations of the Western Hemisphere. Mutual interoperability and cooperation in the full range of Coast Guard issues; Deployment of mobile training teams to train Hispanic groups in a particular mission; Conduct of joint...
- Global shipping monitor. Free, John; Church, Vernon // Popular Science;Aug92, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p39
States that the United States Coast Guard recently completed a major redesign of its Automated Mutual-Assistance Vessel Rescue System, or AMVER. Details on this computerized database, called AMVER II, which enables the Coast Guard to keep track of thousands of merchant ships that have agreed to...