- Coast Guard Retires HU-25 Surveillance Aircraft. // Defense Daily;9/23/2014, p1
The Coast Guard on Tuesday retired the last of its HU-25 Guardian fixed-wing surveillance aircraft, which entered service in 1982 and 1983 to perform aÂ…
- U.S. Coast Guard Police. // Monkeyshines on America;May2004 U.S. Military Coast Guard, p31
The United States Coast Guard is the United States' main source for law enforcement on the seas. Since 1790, when the Cutter Revenue Service was created to control smugglers and pirates off the coasts of the United States, the U.S. Coast Guard has enforced all U.S. maritime law, including laws...
- THE COAST GUARD IN REVIEW. Thorsen, Howard B. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2000, Vol. 126 Issue 5, p92
Presents a review of the performance of the United States Coast Guard in 1999. Role in the National Defense; International activities; Interdiction of illegal immigrants; Living marine resources; Personnel issues; Restoration of readiness.
- Coast Guard on the Right Track To Restore Current Readiness. // Sea Power;Mar2002, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p24
Examines the ability of the Coast guard to achieve the set goals in the U.S. Restoration of the mission readiness and shaping the service force structure; Consideration of the maritime-domain awareness; Protection of critical infrastructure and force security.
- Charting A New Course For The 21st Century: Commandant's Direction 2002. Collins, Thomas H. // Sea Power;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p9
Talks about the areas where the U.S. Coast Guard will focus its energies to protect the citizens from terrorist attacks. Steps to improve the Coast Guard's readiness; Efforts to improve the growth, development and well-being of the Coast Guard's people; Ways to strengthen stewardship of the...
- Origins of the Coast Guard. Labov, Steven L. // Rescue at Sea with the U. S. Canadian Coast Guard;2003, p9
Focuses on the origins of the Coast Guard in the United States. Functions of the Coast Guard; Classification of the Coast Guard's law enforcement priorities; Expansion of the Guard's responsibilities.
- Rules and Regulations: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/22/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 56, p17598
The article offers information on the enforcement of the 2013 San Diego Crew Classic Special Local Regulation by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- New Naval Concerns for India. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2010, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p84
In this article the author describes the law enforcement authority and skills of the U.S. Coast Guard stressing on its distinction from the U.S. Navy and highlights on the new homeland security threat of land attacks from the sea.
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Seychell;Mar2008, p5
The article provides information on the national defense of Seychelles. The nation had a defense force of about 800 army personnel in 2002. The army has one infantry battalion and two artillery elements. The Seychelles Coast Guard (SCG) assumes many of the maritime roles commonly associated with...